Chapter seven.

I woke up with a throbbing headache.

Again.

I really should start cutting low on the alcohol, but luckily for me, Jeremiah came to my room and handed me a glass of his hang-over smoothie.

For the second day in a row.

"Here you are Cammie, do you need any aspirin or is your head okay now?" He asks.

"Thanks Jere but I'm all good now." I say, sipping my smoothie.

"okie-dokie, just come down stairs when you're ready because my mom needs you."

"okay I will, thanks again."

It took me a good twenty minuets for my body to adjust but when it did I decided go join everyone else in the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine, wanna go on a muffin run with me?" Conrad asks.

"You already know the answer to that, I'll grab the keys."

"No way, you're not driving, not after the last time I got in the car with you."

"Oh come on! That was like two years ago, I've learned since then."

"Still a no, I'm driving."

"Fine."

Conrad went to grab the keys when Susannah came up to me.

"Have you decided who you're taking to the ball yet?" She asks.

"I was going to ask Connie, but I know he didn't really like it when he went last year with Nicole."

"I think he'd go, I mean It's you Cammie, he would do anything for you."

"Hm, I'll see."

"You better hurry because Ms Cubbington's waltz lessons are tomorrow."

"Thanks Susannah."

"Okay, got the keys, you ready?" Conrad asks me.

"Yup! Let's go."

We hopped in the car and I connected the car to my Bluetooth.

"Connie, name a band or artist, anyone."

"Uh, Arctic Monkeys, why?"

"Thank you."

I put Arctic Monkeys on through Spotify and the first sing that played was Arabella.

We both just jammed out to my music until we arrived at the market to get the muffins.

"I'll go in and you stay in the car." Conrad tells me.

"Why?"

"Number one, you're still in your pyjamas, and two, I have a surprise."

I just listened and didn't complain, and ended up staying in the car.

around five minutes later he came out with muffins in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in the other.

"For you." He says passing me the flowers.

He smiled again.

"What's the special occasion?" I ask.

"Do I need a reason to buy my best friend flowers? Plus I noticed that the ones you have in your room right now are dying so you can replace them with these!"

"Thank you Connie."

I give him a hug, trying not to squish my new flowers.

He knew me too well, he got me a bouquet of tulips with gypsophila paniculata (babies breath)