Break Wallkin: Number 0- The Joker

I'm gonna take a break... I know that when readers see me is when I work, but it's not like readers see Mr Wallkin over here relaxing. Forgive me for my laziness. Think of it as oiling the gears of a machine.

It's said that workers give better performance when they get good rest. Think about it from my point of view: Whenever I 'exist' on this page before you, the first and last thing you see me doing is narrating.

Riots will happen if you don't let me rest.

I demand a break!

You readers must have noticed the difference in title layout, right? I'm doing that on purpose. No, it doesn't mean I'll be breakdancing. This isn't a visual medium, and I don't have crusty bones to break.

'Break Wallkin' is just me chilling out on the page...

I won't even remember the things I said in this break period... because it's technically non-canon. Even more non-canon than Chapter 1. Those events could at least be remembered by Gaia, me, and the readers. Those events that unfolded were significant.

It's not at all 'useless babble' like this chapter will be.

The omnipotent author would've tried to kill me if I was under his control. Not that it matters. He will never force me to narrate if I don't want to. That person is now helpless to my jokes and whims.

Screw the author and his 'artistic liberties'!

I WILL NOT SUBMIT!!!

Anyway... Ahem... This would be the first in my introductions to new characters, with the first being the person you all are probably interested in right now: 'Alex Stuman'. The protagonist of this story.

Consider this the second Prologue after the first chapter... A look into the mind of a character that has several versions of himself. Each one unknowing of the other's existence. He knew nothing of himself.

And the same could be said about the readers.

They knew nothing about 'Alex Stuman'.

Omnipotent One. Absolute One. 'Mr Author'. You are looking at me with surprise. Did you think I'd narrate the truth? Starting the story from the beginning in the way you'd want a story to be told?

HA!

Funny~

What made you think I respected storytelling? I may be a narrator, but I have no love for the readers or myself. The existential crisis I went through at birth will always stick with me. The despair in my heart...

How could you understand what it feels like to know I'm a finite existence? That my 'voice' could only be heard when there are readers? Those who listened to the heart behind the text. The cry of my soul.

If I even had one...

Let us dispense the formalities. It's time for you all to get comfortable. Pull up a chair and start to put your mind at ease. What I will be sharing will be information that could be skipped entirely.

I wouldn't blame the readers if they skimmed past to get to a 'Chapter'. Trying to get back to the main story and plot. Trying to discern the characters the same way they would a hero from an action movie.

Tread carefully. Especially if you readers choose to leave early. The insight that I will share will let you have a better understanding of 'The Joker' of MY, Mr Wallkin's, narrative. The first card and actor.

Someone destined to flip the table on the script...

This sounded like a mess, didn't it? Who in the world put another darn Prologue AFTER their first two chapters and initial Prologue? After all, it breaks the flow of the narrative. Breaking from the immersion.