Chapter 7: Brandon Volts and The Church (2)

On top of a bell-tower, Arthur and Alex watched as the man walked out the church. They had marked a person, and that individual was someone they missed quite a bit. It was why they could do this.

Brandon came out to talk to some 'holy' priest.

Arthur was feeling pretty cold.

Not from the blowing wind...

...but due to his friend's eyes.

Alex's stare was chill-inducing.

"Hehehe, I'll be applying a metal rune to your fist a few times. Give him my 'greeting'~" Alex licked his lips. A wicked expression appeared on that overly frustrated face. Though this reaction was actually understandable... when remembering their past.

"Aren't you going overboard? Teach' is not an enemy here" Arthur didn't want to REALLY hurt his mentor too bad. Like they were saying, this was just a greeting from the student to their 'good' master.

"You know how strong our teacher is. You're being too arrogant if you think you can hold back...!" Alex did not agree. Seeing his friend's confidence as sheer arrogance. Who said he'd be able to hurt the man?

"Still..." Arthur made a complicated look at him.

Not understanding why he was going this far.

"Hey, remember that you only have five chances to give him a good hit. I've mixed a light rune into them, so it won't get in the way of your regular techniques." Alex was surprised himself that his friends's body could handle five runes on them.

Normally, a person could barely handle two without feeling irritated. His own method of using rune magic was also different in how it affected others. It was a difference in the tolerance level they had...

Alex tended to workout in his free time.

His physiology was also different from the norm.

Those he applied runes on had to wait compared to himself, who he could instantly conjure them on his body. Thus, allowing for a multitude of 'Skills' and 'Runic Formations' that created various effects.

Like the 'piercing' effect he added just now...

"Fine... He kinda deserves it anyway. Your Bro over here shall beat him up for you! Mwahahahaha!" An egomaniacal laugh echoed through the air. They were acting like villains trying to harm the hero.

"Punch that arrogant face of his!" Alex roared.

His looked a little like this: (`㊥益㊥)Ψ

Alex was so burning with enthusiasm. The thought of beating up the mentor that picked on them daily was exciting. Especially when he thought of all them torturous 'spars' they had with him at a young age.

Being thrown, disorientated, stomped, struck, etc...

This made them reminisce of the past. Those times when this jerk made them go through extreme spartan training just because they pranked him once. Brandon had them once was petty enough to increase their training to an unbelievable level...!

There were two 'Basic Skills' that everyone built the foundation of their abilities on: One was any combat-related ability they were born with while the other was called 'Partial Whitening', a skill that focused the body's energy to boost one attribute.

By applying it to a person's fist, they can punch at high speed. By applying it to a person's legs, they can move themselves at high speed. This was most useful in combat. Where speed meant many advantages.

Application of this went beyond the level of 'Skills'.

It could even reach the point of being a 'Spell'.