Chapter 10: First Anomaly

In a special region of the 'Dark Forest', a place avoided by most of the living... ran a woman in spider silk clothing. One which seemed to have had spun from the threads of a very dexterous arachnid.

Her long flowing hair colour displayed similarities to the moonlight shining down from above. Countless pursuers chased her down relentlessly without pause. They were predators in this forest.

None of them seemed to fear the warnings of many travellers. Those foretold the death of anyone who trespassed on these lands. It was as if they didn't know their current distance to the underworld!

"Subject #A5689, give up the anomaly! We must crack the code to its existence! 'The Truth'... That child is the key to finding the truth!" A crazed expression appeared on the white coat biologist.

The man bravely leading the group of researchers.

They seemed to have strength that defied what common sense would normally dictate. The man then reached out his hand towards the woman and fired out a bolt of lightning in order to paralyse her.

This didn't seem to scare the moonlight-haired woman one bit though. Eight legs belonging to that of an arachnid grew out of her back — blocking the 'Magic Skill'. In fact, she even subdued one of her pursuers by 'slapping' the magic right back!

Those spider legs from her back seemed shielded.

Extremely touch and magic resistant.

"Alchemist Sid, be careful! Do not harm her! You might hurt the child she carrying... Not even Doctor Frank will be able to forgive your sin. You cannot be hasty. If you cause the precious subject to experience a miscarriage, not even Gaia's embrace will be able to save you!" One of the white-clothed men, behind the leading figure in front of them, spoke in anger.

The men felt like the precious clue they discovered would be damaged. It caused a feeling of danger well up in their leader's heart. However, he quickly put his hand down to calm his irrational subordinates.

"I just wanted the arachne to waste her strength and had no intention of actually bringing the subject harm. We'll pick up that guy we left behind later, alright?!" The man explained before speeding forth.

His eyes never once left his prey whatsoever.

Even while being interrogated.

Not a single glance at those speaking to him.

They all knew now wasn't the time to argue...

Thus, they tried their best capture the Arachne woman. They needed it done before any complications were to occur. None of them wanted to experience the wrath of the leading researchers.

The surroundings were becoming more and more lifeless, yet they entered deep into the most dangerous 'forbidden zone' ever to be recorded; a place known to be owned by the most dangerous 'God', the Death Imperial... of the 'Dead Lands'.

It was only when they came across a multitude of bone-white skeletons piled along the ground... did the researchers pursuing the moonlight-haired woman finally start to lose their composure. It was a late reaction, but an understandable horror indeed.

The biologists stopped in place. Purple energy, one that seemed to have originated from the netherworld itself, expelled from the skeletons. They had merged together to form a massive skeletal figure of a giant!

"It's a 'Giant Skeleton'! We can use this opportunity to capture her! Make preparations!" The leader charged out while a black magical energy focused into his palm. He was planning to ensnare her in shadows as soon as he got the opportunity.