Welcome Home (Niall)

"So, have you heard from Ni lately?" my best friend Rya asked, and I shook my head.

"Two weeks ago, same as last time you asked." I laughed.

My boyfriend Niall, was a year above me in school, he graduated last year, and went into the military.

So here I sit, everyday at lunch at the same table since sixth grade, with Rya asking me the same question.

"I just like to know what's going on in my best friends life!" she laughed, and I stared her down.

"Girl you'd be the first I tell! Don't give me that shit!"

"I know, I know, but we all miss him." she said, playing with whatever the school had served today.

"Yeah.. he was like a staple you know? Like even if they didn't want to admit it everyone loved or loves him. He's just such a good, happy, sweet person." I said, staring at my wallpaper.

"Oh shit! The assembly is starting, we gotta go." I realized, looking at the time.

We walked to the gym and sat near the front, where the rest of our friends were.

Harry, Louis, and Zayn were sitting behind us, one riser up, and Liam saved our spots next to him.

"Any bets on the cliches we're gonna get this year?" Zayn laughed, holding out a ten in between all of us.

We each bet on the amount of cliches we thought, and whoever got closest or the number on the dot won.

Obviously it's a bet.

The superintendent gave her speech, and introduced the principle.

"So far we're up to 4 cliches, Harry, Liam, you're out." I laughed.

"Louis you're up next." Zayn said, patting his back.

"Hello students! Are we ready for the homecoming dance?!" he said, smiling at the crowd of students.

The bleachers cheered, and students clapped.

"And speaking of hoco.. Y/N Y/L/N, why don't you come down here?" he said, and I looked around at my friends, and they all smiled and nodded, telling me to go.

The whole crowd shuffled around once I was up there, and all five of my friends went out into the hall, smiling like idiots.

What. The. Fuck.

Across the bleachers papers for each letter of "Go To Hoco With Me?" were spelt out.

"Wait.. I have.." I started, and was interrupted by a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around.

I jumped into Nialls arms.

"Hey love." he said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"KISS HER YOU FOOL!" Louis yelled, from where they were all recording.

We laughed, and I lifted my head from his shoulder, and we kissed.

"I missed you." I smiled.

"I missed you to princess."

He spun us around and some of our mutual friends in the crowd whistled and they all cheered more.

"Sorry I haven't messaged you or talked to you in like two weeks love. I was planning something, ya know, special." he smiled, looking like a little shit.

"Well shit it's a good thing. Is it because you know you couldn't keep your mouth shut?" I smiled, mocking his terrible hiding skills.

Physically and like keeping secrets.