11 - Do You Want To Try It?

Ian

I was very fucking pissed off, and the fact Callum was probably talking to Megan while I was out searching for some stupid witch didn't help at all.

Of course Zoey texted him and let him know she was finally awake, but she was mistaken if she thought I wouldn't go to her apartment to see Megan. I told Callum to let her know I'd stop by, that was me being nice enough so Zoey could leave and we didn't even have to see each other.

She was the least of my worries but Callum insisted we couldn't let Megan stay with her for too long to avoid further involvement. He was concerned enough for both of us and I wasn't used to him being careful, which made me hesitant.

After Callum managed to get inside Maeve's head and tried to retrieve her lost memories, we found out that a high priestess by the name of Morgana was the one responsible for creating the spell.

That was literally all we got from her, a fucking name. Not even an address or any other bit of information, apparently I had a fucking crystal ball at my disposal to figure this shit out.

I had never heard that name before but I didn't give a fuck about witches, which meant I had to look for her or see if any other witch could tell me anything else. And at the same time, I had to find a new place and get it cloaked enough so we could move Megan to a different safe location.

Getting a new apartment wasn't a problem, but finding a strong and powerful witch to do the cloaking was going to be a challenge. I managed to get a few names and numbers, Callum would have to do the talking because my reputation wouldn't help and we had to do this in the most subtle way possible.

Two days had passed and still no angel or Lucifer came after me, and I couldn't deny I was a bit disappointed. Yes, I was using my powers to keep my location hidden but I was sure the Devil himself could find me if he wanted to.

Maybe the angels hadn't told him Megan was missing.

Fuck, it felt like we were stuck in the same place. Maeve was still alive in Callum's basement in case we needed her help again, we didn't know who and where this Morgana witch was, and we still didn't know anything new about Megan.

The archangels were too careful and thorough, it was frustrating.

I grabbed a cigarette from my pocket and used my powers to light it up, inhaling some smoke before I could make myself appear in Zoey's apartment. I couldn't focus on this witch shit anymore, I had to go talk to Megan and see if maybe she had remembered something.

Nice excuse.

I ignored the voice inside my head and just like that I wasn't in my place anymore, appearing in Zoey's bedroom after giving her enough time to leave so we wouldn't risk running into each other.

And Megan was right there, with her back turned to me and too distracted listening to whatever Callum was saying to notice me.

He saw me though, a small smile was playing on his lips but I was too busy focusing on her. It was odd seeing her awake and clearly better, the last time I literally had to carry her to this very bedroom.

But now Megan was very much awake and alert, with her hands placed on her hips and a different outfit as well. Zoey had been kind enough to let her borrow some clothes, and I couldn't help lowering my gaze to check just how perfectly those jeans were hugging her curves.

"Hi." I leaned down to whisper in her ear, feeling her soft blonde hair tickling my face.

She quickly turned to face me with those wide blue eyes and full lips slightly parted. I could hear her heart racing because I caught her off guard... but I did notice it started beating even faster once she realized it was me.