27 - Gone

Ian

     "What did you do, Ian? Did you scare her away-"

     Before Zoey could finish her fucking questions, I turned around to meet her gaze and I wasn't gentle at all when I grabbed her by the neck and made us both appear in her cloaked office.

     It was way too late to worry about cloaking but at least no one could overhear us in here. Not that anyone in this fucking club seemed to notice that a goddamn angel had managed to sneak inside and take Megan away. Fuck, I didn't even sense their presence until after I walked into the bathroom looking for her.

     I kept hoping she'd somehow show up again but her scent was slowly dissipating and as much as I tried I just couldn't trace her. That's when I heard Zoey's voice coming from behind me and now here we were.

     She was struggling to breathe but I knew that wasn't enough to kill her, her face was getting redder as I tightened my grip around her neck and I pushed her against the wall hard enough to leave a crack behind where she hit her head.

     "Did you fucking plan this, you and Callum?" I raised my voice, watching as her eyes changed and she tried to use her powers to push me away. "Good luck, princess... you have no idea what you're going up against."

     I was managing to feel more rage than I ever thought was possible, it seemed like my blood was boiling and my thoughts were piling up into a ticking time bomb. The pleasure and easiness I felt when I was with Megan were completely gone, now all I could think about was her disappearance and the discoveries I made in Purgatory.

     Things definitely weren't looking good for Zoey.

     "This is your fucking fault." I shouted, using my powers to keep her immobilized so she'd stop trying to push me off her. "Did you let them know she was here? Actually, why the fuck did you bring her to this shithole? She was supposed to stay fucking cloaked!"

     "Where is she?" Zoey struggled to whisper, looking into my eyes. "Why are you here?"

    She really had no fucking clue the angels had taken Megan, and her unawareness irritated me even more.

     "They fucking took her! Because you brought her here!" I tightened my grip on her neck, starting to feel my fingers digging into her skin. "I'm going to fucking kill you for this."

     I was about to rip her head off with my bare hands when I felt an invisible force freezing my body and trying to get me to let go of her neck. And I knew who it was before he opened his mouth to speak.

     "Hands off, cousin." Callum was right behind me and his powers were strong, slowly taking over my whole body as I kept trying to resit.

     I felt blood dripping from my nose and also coming out of my eyes and ears, I had no idea what he was doing to me but the blinding pain spreading through my cells was almost making me pass out.

     "Don't make me repeat myself, you won't like the outcome." He whispered in my ear, increasing his hold over me and magnifying the pain to the point I let go of Zoey's neck and stumbled back, dizzy and tormented by this unusual torture he was inflicting.

     I watched as he walked closer to Zoey and she was taking sharp breaths, the holes where my fingers had pierced through her skin were healing slowly but her collarbones and neck were stained with blood.

     The crack on the wall was also bloody, but I assumed her injuries had healed by now because even the bruises were gone. Callum kept his bright red eyes focused on her though, assessing her neck carefully before he glanced sideways at me.