12 - Council Calls

Ian

  "It's rare seeing you in a good mood, cousin." Callum's voice interrupting my thoughts was precisely what changed my mood back to normal.

I glared at him before I walked closer to the white leather couch, taking a seat and looking around my new apartment. Well, technically it was Megan's new prison because she couldn't simply be walking out and about.

Thankfully she hadn't realized yet that her newfound freedom still didn't have much meaning, but I was working to change that. I was being very altruistic lately, it definitely didn't look good on me.

Although I wasn't doing this for Megan... truth was, I was eager to tell everyone about Lucifer's little secret and how I was the one who found her. But I could be patient, as much as it wasn't one of my specialties.

I didn't mind taking my time when I knew the reward was worth it, and that was exactly the case.

"The resemblance of a good mood is long gone, the witch is late." I told Callum. "Who is this witch again?"

"His name is Pietro, he's an old friend." He smiled, walking around the living room and studying every inch with his red eyes. "How many bedrooms, again?"

"One." I let my tone tell him how annoyed I was already. "And why do I have a feeling this Pietro is more than an old friend?"

Callum just smiled, which was answer enough. He had a thing for witches and vampires, but I assumed he'd grow out of it eventually. At least he had acquaintances everywhere, but now it was time for him to prove himself useful.

"He's a high priest, don't worry." Callum probably saw it on my face how wary I was about this, I didn't trust anyone. "And he's one of the best at cloaking spells, so soon you'll have a nice little place where you can try to seduce Megan all you want."

I ignored his words and took a deep breath before I could lose my temper. He didn't know shit about the plans I had in mind and I didn't need his meddling, especially when Megan was involved.

Callum obviously noticed my interest in her and part of me was slightly bothered that he would somehow try to turn this into a competition or steal Megan all to himself. Deep down I knew he didn't stand a chance, she was already captivated enough by me and her brain probably wasn't able to process that just yet.

But I knew she wasn't immune to my looks and charm, especially since everything was so much more intense to her. I was also taking my time, it would be much better if she trusted me and we were halfway there... saving her life sure gave it a nice push.

Callum could try to tease me and joke about it, but no one could beat me at my own game.

"Come on now, are you just going to ignore me?" He chuckled, looking into my eyes. "You're already obsessed with her, it's funny. Although I do understand the appeal... she's mysterious, extremely beautiful, and her arse-"

"Are you fucking done?" I interrupted him before he could keep talking shit. "You should be concerned about your own ass if this stupid witch doesn't show up in the next three fucking minutes."

Callum simply smiled, taking a seat on the couch in front of the one I was sitting on.

I bought this place completely furnished as usual and didn't bother to look around much, but I ensured the bedroom was comfortable enough. And I couldn't forget about the kitchen, since Megan needed to eat.

Other than that, the living room was big enough and the wall-length windows gave us a nice view of the city. We were still in New York, it was a strangely nice place to play hide and seek with the angels.