44 - Anything Can Be Fixed With A Party

Megan

     "I'm shocked there's still some hint of decency and gentleness inside Ian's depraved little mind." I overheard Callum whispering to Zoey, but it was hard not to hear him when he was only a few feet away from me. "I didn't think she'd be able to walk after he was done."

      "Trust me, she was struggling earlier." Zoey whispered back, trying to hold back her laugh when I glared at them. "You okay, Megs?"

     "I'd appreciate it if you stopped talking as if I'm not right here." I arched my eyebrows, briefly glancing at Callum before I focused my attention back on the sketch I was working on. "Especially if you're going to talk about my sex life."

     "It's adorable that you have a sex life now, Meggie. The angels are probably rolling on their clouds, they tried to keep you celibate for so long." Callum really had no limits, I didn't even bother to say anything because he could easily see I was blushing.

     Zoey had brought me here after we stopped by the other apartment, the one where I was supposed to be living and where all my clothes were. But I didn't want to be alone there, so I just prepared a bag with a few things and asked her to take me to Callum's.

     He even emptied a few drawers in the bedroom I was staying in so I could put my own clothes in there, and I must admit I had already gotten used to his huge house and his extravagant company.

     I also missed the art all around me, his elegant mess of masterpieces was comforting to me and I didn't feel lonely when I was surrounded by it. Even if he decided to leave me by myself here, I had a lot of things to look at and a lot of literature to keep me entertained.

     But he wasn't planning on going anywhere, especially since Zoey was also here and they seemed to be having fun talking about me.

     I had already eaten and changed into cotton shorts and an oversized t-shirt, ready for bed in case I started to feel sleepy... but it was already past one a.m. and I was still drawing and very much awake.

     Maybe I had slept too much during the day and now I was going to struggle to go back to a normal sleeping routine, it was even harder when everyone else around me didn't need to sleep at all.

     I was sitting cross-legged on Callum's red velvet couch, across from the other couch where he and Zoey were sitting. I took the opportunity to start a new drawing, letting my hand in charge as I sketched them both and allowed my mind to relax while I was doing the only thing that could appease my anxious thoughts.

     My muscles were still a bit sore but I wasn't in any pain, thanks to the painkillers Zoey managed to get me after dinner.

     And still no word from Ian or anyone else from the Council. Callum didn't seem worried though, and it certainly didn't seem like he wanted to be a part of it.

     "Are you drawing us?" Zoey asked this time and I looked up from my notebook to meet her eyes, snapping out of my thoughts.

     The look on my face, as if I'd been caught, was answer enough. I was so distracted when I started drawing that it didn't even occur to me to ask them.

     "You should've told me, I could've worn a better shirt." Callum rolled his eyes, adjusting the collar of the white button-down he was wearing. "Or perhaps you'd like to draw a nude portrait?"

     "No, thank you." I glanced at him, his red eyes filled with humor since he was clearly teasing me. "You can keep talking, just not about me."

     "Where's the fun in that?" He raised one eyebrow. "Actually, I'd like to know your opinion... what do you have to say about a party which you can attend because you'll be invited so you won't have to sneak out?"