51 - It's Not Megan's Fault

Ian

     When I asked Megan if she wanted to go back to my apartment with me, I had in mind a much more pleasant scenario.

     It involved my bed and making her come until she lost track of time and space, so we could both distract ourselves from everything going on while trying to satiate our cravings.

     But that wasn't what happened at all.

     It wasn't in my plans to have both Callum and Zoey in my home, along with an injured Megan.

     Right now she was sitting on my couch as Zoey stitched up the cut on her forehead, and at least she'd stopped bleeding. It was pointless to worry about blood getting everywhere though, we were all dirty and the golden stains Megan's blood left on my couch were a reminder of the cause behind our dreadful night.

     It wasn't her fault, I was aware of that. But it was her fucking fault that she got hurt when I specifically asked her to wait in the fucking bathroom for me.

     I should've known she wouldn't listen, Megan had the tendency of making the most impulsive choices at the worst times. Now look where it fucking got her, nearly killed.

     Hearing her scream was enough to make me drop everything and appear back in the bathroom, which initially made me assume she hadn't ventured out and about. But I smelled her scent all over the hallway, along with her terror and pain.

     I was so fucking pissed off, my head had been pounding incessantly and I truly couldn't understand why she did the exact opposite of what I asked. She had no fucking powers, what was she expecting to do in the middle of all that chaos?

     Was she curious? It was the only thing I could think of since she clearly had zero self-preservation instinct.

     Her curiosity resulted in a lot of pain and I hoped she'd learn her lesson, as much as she was trying to keep a cool expression while Zoey carefully tended to her wound.

     I knew it was hurting a whole fucking lot, the dark bruises on her face and all over the right side of her body were proof enough.

     It was also a reminder of how fucking fragile she was in her current state, being the hybrid and Lucifer's daughter should come with the basic perks if you asked me. But she was too human, it was tormenting to see her like this.

     I didn't get to her in time... yes, she wasn't dead but she was still injured. Would Lucifer say anything about this? It was very fucking complicated to keep her safe if she wasn't willing to do her part.

     What I couldn't understand was why the creature was just standing there looking at her, instead of finishing the job.

     Megan was on the floor when I found her, with blood on her face and the most horrified look in her eyes. She only became more frightened, especially when I killed that fucking thing right in front of her.

     Truth be told, I was trying to attenuate the blinding rage taking over my mind the moment I saw she was hurt. There weren't enough mutated freaks I could tear apart, nothing would diminish this frustration and sickening worry I was feeling.

     It wasn't something I was used to and I had no control over it, which annoyed me even more.

     I was pacing back and forth in my living room, avoiding everyone's gazes and trying to take deep breaths before I could lose my fucking mind.

     Megan's face was already clean and Zoey had helped her in the bathroom when we arrived. She also threw up a few times, and I had a feeling it wasn't because of the pain... probably because of what she saw me do.