eleven

I didn't tell Paris that plans were canceled.

"Who is this? Is she helping us?" Cassidy pointed at Paris who was just as confused as Cassidy was. "I haven't seen her in our class."

Before Paris could answer, I rushed out of the kitchen with our glasses of juice and almost spilled them trying to get back in my seat. "Because she's not! It's two projects going on here. Chemistry and..." I looked at Paris who looked disappointed. "Chemistry?"

"Ryan, you've been a joke since middle school. Text me when you want to take this project seriously." Now Cassidy gathering her things and although I was more than happy to let her go, the boys and I already planned the perfect kill two birds with one stone idea.

"Paris, please go up to my room and we'll talk. Cassidy, remain in your seat. I'll go get my textbook from my bag and we can begin." Grabbing Paris's drink along the way, we left our chairs as Cassidy began to do whatever she had planned for her part in this project. She then glared up at me as I followed behind Paris who was asking a million questions along the way.

Ignoring all her small bickering was the only way I could ensure she didn't jump out of my window trying to get out of this awkward situation. "You have yet to explain." She tapped her foot on the floor once settled at the edge of my bed.

"I have a project due and that girl down there fucked with my schedule. I couldn't turn it down because I can't fail any classes. So I'm going to do that and do you."

Paris rolled her eyes the moment Cassidy shouted my name from downstairs. I heard the door alarm signal that the front door opened and all I could see was my mother walking in and seeing a stranger in her house.

"Woah! Look who decided to join the party! Kit Richardson -ah!" The moment I heard Brett's voice, my blood started boiling. He was the one to push this situation and talk me into keeping it up just for him to be the one to crash it and ruin it.

I jogged down the stairs to see my brother giving Brett a side hug meanwhile confusion was written all over my face. "What the hell is going on, bro!" Kit then gave me a hug and did our handshake he made up when my balls dropped. "What are you doing home?"

"Came to see my family. Tired of working, vacations, and volleyball games." Nova made it pro when they graduated and it turned into his entire social media theme of how proud he was of her. Meanwhile, her theme was him coaching little league baseball. "What going on around here."

I looked at Brett before I could answer and saw him getting ready to run up the stairs. Before he could, I grabbed him by his hoodie and snatched him up. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To get the clothes Logan and I left over here. I was going to text you but I was already outside." I then hit him in with the palm of my hand on his shoulder as if that would knock some sense into him but he has none. "Dude, what!?"

"Why the hell would you show up-" Kit slapped a hand on my shoulder and swung his way into the conversation which I quickly tried to change. "Why would you show up and not bring Logan?" Brett stood there with his mouth open like an idiot. I continued to smile and hope he caught on but his brain appeared empty. So I sighed.

"Anyway, where are mom and dad?" With one look, he knew the answer. "Raising yourselves I see. I'm going to pick up some food. Pizza? Gonna be here for the night."

Brett's eyes then lit up and we knew he had a thought. "Yeah, Pizza my man." Kit gave a thumbs up and walked out the door without missing an opportunity to wave to Cassidy who seemed starstruck.

"He's married!" I called out.

She slapped her pen down as if I was ruining her game when she clearly has none. "Are you going to help or invite the entire school over?" A part of me wanted to check on Paris but the other wanted Cassidy out of my house as soon as possible. I chose to get rid of the girl.

"Your clothes are in a bag in the corner. Grab it and leave quickly," I warned. He sent me a win and then continued his way up the stairs. Before Cassidy and I were one page in, I heard him coming back down. Except it was two pairs of footsteps instead of one. "Paris? Where are you going?"

"Home."

Brett gave me a small smile before they both walked out the front door. Brett then stuck his head from around the corner followed by a whistle. "I'll be back with Logan to stay the night again. I texted him and he said he wants pizza too."

I looked over at Cassidy who was snickering under her breath. She knew exactly what was going on and I knew it was in her wishes that all my plans fell through.