seventeen

"We all saw you and Paris disappear into the night like some sort of secretive love spies." I groaned as Brett followed me around the room trying to prompt me to give in and tell him all that was done. I felt agitated for some odd reason despite having gotten the best blowjob of my life. "I think it was those toxic shots that got you acting on impulse."

I stopped digging through my duffel bag to look up at him with a serious face. "It wasn't like that and can I get two seconds to think?"

"Been sour lately?" Logan asked from across the room. "You two surely aren't the two you were the first time you both hooked up. Seems transactional instead of meaningful." I let out a deep sigh when he gave me his concerned look.

Brett quickly sat on the couch and I followed along then Logan took his seat to the right of me causing me to be the squished one in the middle. "I don't fucking know man. One day she's mentioning her ex, the next she's running off acting weird, and then all of a sudden she's all in. I don't even know what's wrong with me and why I just want her so bad despite it all."

Logan chuckled. "You like her. Simple answer. She fulfills something in you emotionally despite giving you nothing at all. Just goes to show how shitty you and Alyssa were."

"Wow, thanks."

Brett slapped a hand on my knee and gave it a harsh squeeze that caused me to jump to remove his hand. "Yeah. Whatever Logan said has got to be the truth. He's woke and shit."

"As for her... she's probably going through some life changing shit and needs a distraction. Sexual, of course. You bringing emotions into it is turning her off. If this keeps up then whatever you two do have going on won't make it to the end of the school year." Logan smiled proudly.

"So you're saying I should leave her alone when... I don't think I can do that."

How could I remove myself from her presence when every time I see her I just want to run to her? Everything in me wants to talk to her at every chance I get. Nothing in me wants her to even look at me differently.

"You two aren't dating, man." I turned to look at Brett who appeared annoyed. It was him who pushed me into her and now it's him who wants to reverse that decision. "I should have told you when Loya told me but Paris was in a relationship for five years before you. They broke up like a week before you met and I guess she's still suffering. I thought you were going to fuck once, not like fall in love."

I don't think I'm in love.

"I've felt love before and I don't think this is it." All three of us slouched deeper into the couch. The wall looked as if if had our attention when in reality we were all trying to organize our own thoughts. "Have I felt love before because this is... different."

Logan sighed. I sighed. Bret groaned. "I don't know man. Women are like Rubik's cubes that not even the biggest nerd can solve. I think I understand what Loya wants but not how she wants it."

"My therapist said there is no better solution to relationships than talking it out. Ask Loya what's wrong and if she has a hard time telling you then ease it out of her." I nodded at Logan while Brett smiled at that advice. "I smile to Carissa the other day and she wasn't upset with me about my sex drive. I apologize if I made her feel unattractive and now we're on talking terms again."

I think Paris would rather screw my brains out than have any sort of decent conversation with me. I don't even know how to talk to her without immediately ripping my clothes off. Then again, what is there even to talk to her about? She's made it clear what she wants from me and I willingly came up with the idea in the first place.

"I think Paris and I are fuck buddies and I'm okay with that."

The ride back home was filled with silence and a lot of phone games. Logan had some level he had to beat and Brett was most likely texting Loya. I hadn't received a text from anyone except my mom telling us to drive safe. I thought about texting a certain someone but it's not like she cared if I cared about her safety.

"Adrian has been the best quarterback we've had since he stepped in," Logan showed us his social media videos of him throwing forward passes like it's nothing. "I heard he got into some elite Texas school."

"No surprise," I groaned. My phone then buzzed in the cup holder and it was a text from my dad. "I know his father is proud," said the text. It was then Andre holding up a football signed by someone overly steroid induced big shot football player. I tossed my phone back in the cup holder with an eye roll. "You guys interested in hockey?"

Brett jumped forward from the backseat with a huge smile on his face. "Already got my position for the season!"

"Do you think Paris likes a man in a uniform?"