episode 1.3

"Where'd he go?" Petra asked. The first room of the building that you had walked in was virtually empty, save a few people. There was no Ivor in sight.

"There!" Jesse pointed to the wall to your left. There was a door, left ajar by whoever had gone through it. "Through that door."

You walked as quickly as you could while trying to not draw attention. Once you were out of sight of people, you made to race down the stairs, but Lukas grabbed your arm to stop you.

"What do we do once we get down there?" he asked. "There are a million ways to play this."

"We get a little payback," Jesse said.

"He deserves it for crossing Petra," he agreed.

"You ready?"

"Ready," Petra said.

You all walked down the stairs.

You peered around the stone wall. It was nothing but a library, an enchantment room.

"You see anything?" Jesse asked.

"He must've gone out another way," said Petra.

You ventured further into the room.

"What is all this?" Olivia questioned.

"Looks like it used to be the basement. Weird place to have a hideout."

"I'll bet you anything I'll find my wither skull here."

"And if we find anything else cool to steal along the way," Axel began, his voice echoing across the room, "so be it, right?"

You walked further away from the rest of the group, looking at the book titles that lined the shelves. You paused at one book whose name sounded familiar.

"72 Facts About Snails?" you quietly questioned to yourself. Where had you heard that title before? It seemed oddly familiar. You shook your head and continued your search.

You knew the wither skulls were down here, but not their exact location. Ivor's enchantment room was like a maze, a very confusing one at that.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Axel and Jesse talking, standing next to a potion. Axel swiped the potion from its stand and replaced it with a different one. Behind him, you spotted a lever and something clicked inside your brain.

You walked over and pulled the lever.

Immediately, a section of bookcases lowered into the floor, revealing a secret room.

"What the hell is all this stuff?" Jesse wondered aloud as everyone approached the new find. Soul sand was stacked in the shape of the letter T, but the middle block was a command block. The display was lit up by the glow stone underneath it, and there was a large chest in front of it.

"Soul sand," Petra said quietly. "It was everywhere in the Nether."

"What about that block in the middle?"

"I've never seen one of these before." Olivia pushed past you and walked up the steps to the incomplete wither storm. "I wonder if I just take a closer look . . . " She trailed off and reached her hand out.

"Don't touch that, Olivia!" Jesse exclaimed, stepping up next to her.

"I was just curious."

"Don't forget what we're here for. Find that skull."

She nodded and walked away from the display. Jesse knelt down and opened the chest. His expression changed to one of surprise when he saw its contents.

"So, good news, weird news." You all gathered around the chest, peering into it. "I found the skull, but — "