episode 3.1

It was like you were encased in a block of Jell-O, you decided. Every motion you made was at a snail's pace, and you didn't like that.

Suddenly, time sped back up to normal and you nearly crashed head first into the doors. Luckily, you were able to stop because that would've been embarrassing.

"That was weird," Jesse said.

"Definitely," Olivia agreed.

"Everything feels really fast now," Lukas rushed out. He blushed and looked at the ground. "I said that really fast, didn't I?"

Axel groaned. "I'm getting dizzy."

"We need to find Soren." Jesse looked up and down the doors that doubled as bookcases.

"Yeah."

"I still can't figure out how Ivor made the door close," Olivia puzzled.

"Maybe we should focus more on how it opens," Lukas suggested.

"That's basically what I said."

"Guys," Axel interjected.

Out of the corner of your eye, you watched Jesse walk away, over to where Gabriel was. Gabriel looked much worse than he had before the fight with Ivor. You considered going over there to talk, but decided against it because that would draw attention to him, and that was probably the last thing he wanted.

"Maybe we could try to pry them open," you said, searching for a place to grab ahold of and pull. "Or," you started, another idea lighting up in your brain, "one of these books is fake and will open these doors when it's pulled on."

You knelt down and grabbed books from the bottom shelf, tossing them over your shoulder when nothing happened.

"(Y/N), that's not gonna work," Olivia said.

"You got any better ideas?"

"Yeah. A pressure plate."

You stopped pulling books from the shelves and looked at her. "Well, do you have a pressure plate?"

She sighed. "No."

"Hey, guys, I have an idea," Axel announced.

You moved away from the bookcases. "The floor is yours."

He cupped his hands around his mouth. "Magnus, help!"

Nothing happened.

Slightly disappointed, he reassured you guys. "I have another idea." He turned back.

"Is it yelling for Ellegaard?" Olivia guessed.

"Not anymore."

"They aren't coming back." Lukas started to walk away. "We have no idea where they are."

"We don't need them," Jesse said. "As long as we have . . . " A grin split his face as he blindly searched through his inventory. "This!" He held up a flint and steel for all to see.

"Flint and steel?" Olivia asked. "I don't get it."

"It — It's not — That's not what I meant to pull out," he floundered. He put it back in his inventory. "This!" This time he pulled out the amulet.

The light blue glowed brightly, but the green and red started to fade.

"Their colors are fading," Gabriel said. "They are moving away from us."

"Here, let me see it." Lukas grabbed the amulet and tried to take it from Jesse.

Jesse frowned and tried to pull it away from him, but it soon turned into a match of tug of war.