Chap 40- Left!

"Mr. Brooks! Come to my cabin"

After some time he came in after knocking

"Yes ma'am!"

"From now on, my every work will be handled by you, no one except you is allowed to enter my cabin before I give the person permission"

Mr. Brooks looked at me

"And if they want to talk to me about the project then only the person who is leading will come and talk and that too after my permission "

He was just looking at me

"What?" I asked

"What do you always just close yourself after every argument with Aaron "

I smiled

"It's my defense mechanism, Mr. Brooks and I should close myself it's better than my other reactions"

"It's not right!........."

I smiled again

"I know, but I'm habitual of being called unfair and wrong so it doesn't matter"

"Isabelle!"

"After a very long time, you called me by my name uncle!" I smiled

He sighed

"Why are you punishing both of you?"

I chuckled

"Even you think it's me! I have a bad image, huh?"

"I didn't mean it like that and you know it"

"I think you should go, uncle"

"Maria, will not be happy seeing you like this!"

"Then mom shouldn't have left me. Now I'm like this and I'm used to being misjudged"

"Isabelle, you have to put effort into every relationship"

"Uncle, why is it only me that you are telling all this? Why not him? Why can't he understand it? Why can't he see all this? Everyone always thinks that it's me who messes it up and now even you then fine. I'm wrong, I'm the problem here then let me be"

I said with a clenched jaw

"Isabe....."

"Leave Mr. Brooks!" I said with determination

"You are just like your mom, stubborn," he said lightly

"And you loved that about her," I said cheekily

"Women!" And left

I chuckled lightly

And now it's been like 2 weeks, I have no contact with Aaron, and true to my words I gave him space.

I phone rang

"Yes!"

"Good afternoon ma'am, it's me John (PI)"

"Talk!"

"I'm working on Mr. Miller's case, it will take time because Davis is involved so I have to be a lot more careful"

"Hm!"

"But I had to ask you about you coming to Seattle, the situation is under control but still you should come and take a look. The company is in bad condition"

I thought about it for sometime

" I'll inform you in 2 days!"

"Ok, ma'am!"