26

WARNING!
I've been asked by a company I work for to change the name of this story to adapt better to their app. I've only ever done this once or twice and I would prefer not to, but that's okay! I've done my best to make a fitting cover and title anyways.

I'll be officially changing the title and cover by chapter 27 to reduce as much confusion as possible.

I apologies about this! Thank you for understanding (:

Word Count: 2396

~Kiva

He's my mate.

I know what that means. And yet in this moment, that reality feels miles away.

How could I think of anything other than Ark's lips pressed against mine, the way his strong body presses me toward the bed?

I want him so badly it hurts, and knowing who he really is, who he is truly aligned with only makes this more exhilarating.

I've been desperate for him for weeks. And finally, he's giving me a piece of himself.

With his hands on my hips, he twists me around, pushing me away gently. I stumble back a few steps, watching him sit casually on the bed facing me.

My fingers brush against my lips, where his once were. By the raw, burning desire in his eyes, I know he isn't done with me yet.

"What are you going to do to me?" I ask breathlessly.

My entire body hums with excitement. It tugs at my patience, leaving me to consider whether I should jump on him right now and get to what he and I are both desperate for.

I don't want to rush this though. I want to enjoy everything he has planned for.

His fingers link in front of him, forearms resting on his thighs as he stares me down. "I'm going to punish you."

"Punish me?" A gasp catches in my throat.

When he says that, I don't think he means punishment like in training.

"Pull your pants down and lay over my knee," he instructs calmly.

My fingers tremble as I hasten to unbutton my pants. Ark watches with a dark gaze, tracking movements as I draw them off, stepping out of them.

Each step toward him feels laden with possibility. Anticipation drums at my skin, as I stand before him.

He doesn't touch me. He just nods at his lap.

Summoning a breath, I lay over it. He adjusts me until I'm exactly where he wants me, and then his hand lands hard on my ass.

I yelp, jolting forward, but his arm keeps me in place.