Chapter Twenty

Emma rested her head against Chris' chest as the two of them fought to catch their breath after their little endeavor. It had been better than she could have ever imagined. Never in her life had she met someone more attuned to her than Chris. He knew just what to do. He knew what she liked and didn't like. He knew how to get her to cry his name out over and over. She didn't know what time it was by the time they finished. She didn't care though. She just wanted to lay in bed with Christopher.

"How's this going to work?" Emma asked suddenly. She rolled to her stomach so she could look at him.

Chris chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "Jumping the gun are we? We can be whatever you want to be, Em. This isn't technically against the rules. You know me. I'm a stickler for rules."

"Oh, I know. That's why they call you the 'Boy Scout.'" She teased him.

"How do you know that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I may have overheard Una call you it." She mentioned nonchalantly causing Chris to shake his head with a smile. "No one can know, not yet at least. I would prefer to wait until I graduate from the Academy. Not even my parents. It'll be hard and a little risky, but I just want this to be ours for a little while."

"I can deal with that. Anything else?"

"Yes. You have to promise me no special treatment. When we're working, you're Captain Pike and I'm Cadet Coleman."

"Ensign Coleman." Chris corrected her.

Emma drew back slightly and blinked her eyes rapidly. "Ensign?"

"I wasn't going to tell you yet...but your application for the Science Division for the Enterprise got approved. Once you graduate you'll be known as Ensign Emma Coleman. " He said and watched a broad smile spread onto her face. She wanted to squeal, but refrained from doing so. The last thing she wanted to do was alert anyone.

"How-When-I..." Emma couldn't even form a proper sentence. She had just landed her dream job on top of finally being with the man she had fallen in love with.

Chris sat up in the bed causing her to mimic his same movements. "A week ago I find out from Starfleet. I wasn't exactly allowed to approve you. However, I was allowed to recommend you for the position. Congratulations, Emma."

"I-I can't believe this. I would have been happy working on the Discovery, but I may be partial to the Enterprise." She teased and rested her head back on his chest. "Thank you, Chris."

He kissed the top of her head. "You don't have to thank me. I didn't really do much. All personal feelings aside, you're a good asset for the Enterprise. You're smart, you don't complain about having to do something. It also helps that you're beautiful, so I have something to nice to look at."

Emma giggled at his compliment and hit his chest playfully. She turned her head slightly so she could look up at him. "I do love you, you know that?"

"I know that." He whispered softly. He reached up with his hand and gently brushed her hair behind her ear. "I love you too."

"I have a request."

"And what would that be?"

"My graduation from Starfleet Academy. It's in a couple of weeks. I would like for you to go. Just as my Captain, though. I will of course act like I'm totally surprised to see you." Emma told him.

"I can do that. We'll be granted a small shore leave anyways." He paused to think about her parents and suddenly he grew nervous. Her mother was an Admiral. She had the ability to strip him of his Captain title if she didn't approve of the relationship. He didn't know Emma's mom that well, but he knew she wasn't going to ecstatic about it. He tried to think about his vision he had when he touched the stone. He tried to remember seeing her mom in it, but nothing appeared.