Chapter Forty Three

"Ensign Coleman to the ready room. Ensign Coleman to the ready room." Chris' voice boomed over the overheard speakers throughout the Enterprise.

Emma's head straightened from being bent while she organized some files. She had no idea why Chris needed her and his little announcement had caused every head to turn to look at her within the lab. Despite everyone knowing about their marriage for almost a month, the stares had not fully ceased. The two of them had tried to remain as professional as possible. It did help that the two of them worked in different departments.

She stood up from her seat and signed her name out of the lab before heading towards the ready room. She couldn't imagine what he wanted. If it was something regarding their personal relationship he would have them meet in their quarters. If it were professional he would have just called her to the bridge. She still moved quickly in case it was something that required urgency. When she stepped in front of the door it slid open revealing that Chris was alone. Him being alone wasn't exactly what garnered her attention. It was the green Starfleet shirt he was wearing. The one he knew she loved so much.

Chris gave her a small smile and meet her halfway in the room. Emma bit her bottom lip mischievously and looked up at Chris. She ran her hands over his strong torso so she could wrap her arms around him. "I think I like your idea..."

"Emma-" Chris' face turned red.

Someone cleared their throat from behind him. Her eyes widened. She thought they were alone. She had looked around she thought. She peeked around Chris to find her mother's face on the screen in the room. Emma's blood ran cold. Her mother had just caught her feeling her husband up and she was two seconds away from witnessing her fuck him.

"Fuck..." Emma whispered to herself. She squared her shoulders back and walked closer to the screen. "Mom. It's good to see you."

She had only talked to her mom once in the past six weeks. She was still displeased about the entire situation regarding Chris and her, but Emma knew there was nothing her mom could do.

"Emma. It's good to see you...feeling better. Has Captain Pike briefed you on why you're here?" She asked.

Emma glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "Not exactly."

Chris moved to stand beside her. His hands were clasped behind his back. "I was going to once she was present, Admiral Coleman. Let's sit."

"I know the Enterprise is due to return back to Earth tomorrow, but Starfleet needs to you to make one stop on your way." Her mom paused and a hologram of a planet appeared from the table. "This is the planet Hurus. We're currently in negotiations for them to join Starfleet. They've agreed to join, but they would like to do the negotiations in person. This is where the two of you come in. Since Captain Pike is the Captain it is obviously important that he goes to the planet, but Emma, I was thinking you would be a good addition as well given your dad's status of being an ambassador. That is if the two of you can be...professional."

"You can trust that we will be on our best behavior, Admiral." Chris directed his sentence to Emma. There was playfulness in his eyes that only she could detect. He did know Emma would value the mission above their relationship.

"Good. It is imperative this goes flawlessly. Hurus produces weapons we could only dream of. We do not want to make enemy out of them." Her mom explained.

"Of course. We will...do our best." Emma said. All her mom did was nod before her face disappeared from the screen. She sunk back in her seat and released a breath she didn't know she had been holding. "I'm sorry."

Chris chuckled. "It's fine. I should have warned you."

"You know, I'm very much looking forward to our leave. No people. No interruptions. Just you and me." She admitted. She watched as he stood up and leaned over her. His hands gripped the armrest on either side of her. He pressed his lips against her's firmly. When he pulled back there was a smirk on his face.