Sanjana - Rishi - Part 2

Sanjana

"You won't take a shot from me"

"No"

"Next time you feel ill don't come to me i won't give you any medicine or advice. Deal with your illness yourself"

I wish this statement he just made he will follow himself. Of course not this just to make me scared, he just wants me to take the injection.

I didn't react.
My silence was testing his anger.

"Fine, don't take injection deal with your tummy pain for another hour as it's going to worsen only more. Unless and until you don't have another antibiotic injection in your system your symptoms such as tummy pain along with others are just going to increase and are going to take away all your patience. Don't forget that fresh and nice feeling you had when you took those 2 injections in the afternoon yesterday." He finished his rant.

He was right though. The injection will bring an end to my troubles at least for now.

I never thought I would agree with this.

I turned towards my side.

I lowered my shorts down pulling my top up.

"Keep it loose." He says pressing a spot much lower than what he used yesterday. There is only muscle mass in this area.

The wiping sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't move my angel" and immediately i felt a large pinch followed by medicine pushed inside me. As expected it was painful.

I tried not to move but i felt a burning sensation in my whole hip which wasn't going away soon. I bit my lips in order to control the pain but still nothing worked.

I could still feel the injection and his hands hovering above my waist but there was nothing i could do about it except bearing the pain. So i gave up and tried to bear it. After a long time i felt him removing the needle and rubbing the spot with cotton.

"Well done my angel get some sleep." He says placing a kiss on my forehead.

What's the use of praise if i need to bear some much pain.

Rishi

The next morning

I had to give her the antibiotic injection before leaving for the hospital. The earlier the medicine in the system the more good it is. We can switch to oral painkillers after this most probably or at least the dose of painkiller will be definitely reduced.

She was sleeping and i was all set ready for the hospital so i had to wake her up to give her the shot.

"C'mon Sanjana wake up. It's time for your antibiotic injection." I say placing the syringe and vial on the bedside table.

'Argh, one more injection" she groaned.

"Yes baby have this juice and get ready for the shot."

"No i won't take the injection. My butt is sore after taking so many injections. I cannot tolerate pain from another injection."

"You know na baby i will choose a different spot for the injection and you will also get ice packs for the pain. Then what's the issue"

"I cannot tolerate pain anymore. I can't take any injection today."

She never says yes without me blackmailing her for the shot.

'Fine you don't want an injection now. Done. If that's your wish. I will send in an intern of mine to give you 2 injections in the afternoon today. If you had taken now it was a single injection just the antibiotic but if you don't you will need to take 2 injections in the afternoon antibiotic and painkiller. I am not available at that time so my intern will do it. If that's okay with you."

This trick worked.

She agreed almost immediately. The thought of someone else giving her the shot and of course an increase in no of shots made her change her mind.

She drank the juice and turned on her tummy. She had taken her painkiller on her left last night. So i undressed her right side.

After wiping a spot which i didn't use yesterday, i inserted the needle slowly. She gave a jerk. But it was expected.

I kept talking to her all the time i pushed the medicine into her. Not bothering even if i didn't get a reply. It's the pain from the needle.

"Ouch Rishi, it's painful"

"I know baby, just a little more. You are doing fabulous" I spoke pushing the last few drops of medicine and pulling the needle out.

She did great.
It was her 4th shot since yesterday.
Not so easy to handle.

After pressing cotton over the spot and rubbing it, i discarded the syringe.

Explaining to her about the oral medicines she needed to take during the day which consists of painkillers among others and handling the ice packs, i left for the hospital.

At night

After a long day at the hospital, i reached home at night. I felt relieved as Sanjana was feeling much better. After having dinner together i checked her once again.

"You had oral painkillers today. Was it effective. Tell me the truth." I asked her after checking her tummy.

She was still feeling pain as i could sense while checking her tummy. I was hoping she would say the truth.

"Ok i am still feeling a little pain not too much."

I was glad she told me the truth.

"How much did you sleep today?"

"Almost the whole day. But why are you asking this?"

" To decide which medicine or injection to give you."

"No more injection this morning only you told me i will be done for today if i had it in the morning."

When will this girl immediately agree to take an injection.

"I told you that painkiller can be skipped if you had the shot in the morning. I didn't tell anything about the night. You are going to get a small dose of sedative now which will take away your pain and also help you to sleep. Don't worry i will do it slowly. Now i don't want any more conversations. Both of us need sleep, i can't wake up in the middle of the night once again today."

She nervously nodded and i left to bring the injection.

Sanjana

I was waiting for yet another injection. I hope this ends soon. I was tired of this pain. I also wanted to tell Rishi about me skipping the medicines but lacking the courage to do so.

Rishi came in a few more minutes later with another injection. He looked furious as if something happened.

"When were you going to tell me that you didn't take the medicine which i gave you?"

Rishi - A few minutes earlier

I went outside to bring the sedative when Mrs. Dixit - our househelp showed me something she found in the dustbin. I didn't expect this. The same medicines which i had prescribed to Sanjana days back. That's the reason she wasn't feeling better. She hadn't taken the medicine.

My blood boiled in anger. The medicines were supposed to be taken and not thrown. Such irresponsible behaviour. Moreover she hid it from me. At least she could have told me that she has not taken the medicines.

That fact that she hid it from me was adding to my anger. I have been so frustrated from yesterday trying to find out why the medicines didn't work but she didn't seem to care anything about it. Moreover she denies taking an injection every time she needs one. Doesn't she understand that if she doesn't take medicines she has to bear injections.

It was getting late so I headed upwards to ask her why she didn't take those medicines and give her the shot as well.

Sanjana - Present time

"When were you going to tell me that you didn't take the medicine which i gave you?"

I was shocked. How did he know?
I was going to tell him anyway.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean too. I was going to tell you"

"Don't tell me that you were going to tell me."

"I was scared to tell you the truth. I didn't want to make you upset."

After several more minutes of me trying to explain to him my view his anger seemed to reduce a little.

"I have already learnt a lesson that what i did was definitely wrong. I had to take so many injections only because I skipped those medicines. I am sorry once again for hiding this from you. I was really scared to tell you the truth if i am being honest." I tried to make him understand my point.

"I won't forgive you so easily. Let me decide your punishment first."

"What punishment i already took multiple injections. What more."

"Those injections were to make you feel good. Not to forget you are not done with injections, you will get one now and antibiotic doses are still not completed. Talking about your punishment" he paused for a moment.

"So your punishment is that we will cancel our mid winter trip. We can plan in early summer or some other time. I can't afford you being ill in mid winter."

I can understand this. Although I was excited about our trip. But considering what i did this was expected.

"Ok i agree but you have just suspended the trip not cancelled."

"Yes we will go it is just postponed not cancelled. One more thing. You have to promise me you won't deny taking an injection from me in the future. I can't force you to have one. Promise me and then i will think about to forgive you."

It is his time. He will get whatever he asks for.

"I promise I won't deny it. Now can you forgive me."

"Yes you are forgiven. Next time don't repeat this. It's getting late. Time for your injection. Get ready angel"

I felt happy that he forgave me and his anger was no more.

I followed the same process, turning towards my side and undressing the area.

His fingers moved around my hip to find a spot. Must be getting difficult to find one.

He tried to talk and distract me before i felt a pinch and then pain. I tried to keep my composure as the medicine was being injected into me. Not very long enough he removed the needle and rubbed the spot with cotton.

I layed on my back once again facing him as he discarded the syringe.

"I won't do such a thing ever again. I promise."

"I believe you. You just made me scared."

I love you."

"I love you too."

We got lost in each other's eyes.

Did you like it?