20.

" I love you
Not for you
But for me... "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night,

when Anika returned to her home late at night she saw Avinash sitting in their living room, she smiled at him. They had not seen each other after their chat yesterday. But mainly, what is he doing in her home now?

Avinash didn't reflect her smile. He is still in the thought of how she could return home this late in the night even though she drives by car.

When Anika saw Avinash not smiling at her, she thought, was he still angry? Or was he planning to ignore her forever? Can she bring their past selves back now? Will they stand a chance to be together?

Anika's thoughts got interrupted by her mother, Suma.

"Anika, why haven't you eaten lunch today?"

"Mom, today I've to do interviews, so there's no time."

"You always search for reasons when you didn't eat, so why these sudden interviews?"

"Mom, doing interviews is real. Niranjan sir's wife's unhealthy, so he wants to leave. I've to search for another teacher."

"Oh, is it?" Anika nodded, "How did they go then? Has anyone got selected?"

"No mom, many are not skilled enough, and some want a very high salary"

"Don't worry, be patience and search, you'll get"

"Hope so"

"Okay, now wash up and then come to eat"

"Yes mom," Anika said and looked at Avinash one last time.

He is silently listening to their conversation this whole time. Actually, after yesterday's chat, he felt he was too rude and wanted to check on her. He was waiting for her from 6:30 pm in his room and when he saw she wasn't coming yet, he used a very lame excuse to come to her home, His grinder is not working and he wants it for dinner.

While Suma was delighted and kind-hearted she didn't want to send Avinash after completing his flour and asked him to have dinner in their home. When Suma asked like that, Avinash couldn't refuse and importantly he was also too lazy to prepare dinner, so Avinash agreed to have dinner in their home.

Everyone in Anika's family except for Anika, including Avinash, gathered at the dining table to have dinner. But Avinash still hadn't tasted dinner and just then Anika descended steps and came to the dining table.

Anika changed to a cute night dress and also deliberately coiffed her hair neatly, presenting herself well. Exchanging good eye contact with Avinash, Anika took her first bite and then Avinash also took a bite.

Anika's father and brother asked Avinash some random questions like how is his life in a foreign? and when will he be joining the job after promotion? And some other questions related to job and external affairs.

As Anika was about to take her last bite, she heard her brother, Krishna, asking Avinash, "So, Do you have any girlfriend there?"

Anika coughed after keeping the last bite in her mouth as she heard her brother's question. Suma immediately reached for the water and passed it to Anika, while Avinash gave an eye-contact with Anika, like he won and answered her brother's question "No, Krishna bro"

"Something expected from you" Krishna muttered silently to himself.

"Our Avinash is a good and sweet guy, not like you," Suma said to her son, who got himself a girlfriend in another city and then broke up.

"Yeah, yeah, he doesn't know how to enjoy his life" Krishna reacted to his mother's statement.

"Oh, so, what have you got from your past relationship?" Suma asked Krishna intentionally.

"Mom, mine was a failed relationship, because we both are not suitable for one another. Moreover, we ended on good terms too and we are now friends also. But not everyone's relationship should be like mine" Krishna said.

"Yeah, whatsoever, but I don't agree with your youngster's confusion of infatuation as love," Suma said, shaking her head.

And just then Avinash said, "Actually aunty, I do love a girl, but it was just one-sided"

So guys, Do you feel Anika will be successful in getting a new teacher..?

I hope you're all doing fine.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam.