Two: Lets Dance

Boredom consumes you while walking around the large house looking for anything to amuse you. Wandering down to the basement you finally found something to entertain yourself with. Standing alone in the basement you find Tate staring into the dark abyss of the other room. Memories of when he was a child flood his brain. He tried to look past the darkness for the creature that lurks there. As he grew older he began to doubt if there was actually something there or if he made it all up. 

You watched curiously from afar trying to figure out what he was doing. He didn't notice you moving closer to him. Tate took a hesitant step closer to the darkness. He was driving himself crazy with the doubt he just had to know. Even if the creature was real and attacked him at least he would know the truth. 

He was only a step away from entering the pitch dark room but before he took the last step a voice sounded out to him. He whipped his head around locking eyes on you. You were sat on an old wooden desk, giving him a small wave. You warned him not to disturb Thaddeus. He wasn't the friendliest to strangers. Tate's looked back at the room before turning back to you. It had a name the creature from his nightmares and you knew it. He wasn't crazy, "Its real" his mouth was dry at the realization. 

You push yourself off the table and make your way over to him. Tate tensed up when you got close you didn't care moving even closer to him. "Of course it is, Tate" Tate's face dropped. A weird feeling overcame him. How did you know about the monster in the shadows let alone its name. He quickly questions who you are and how you know about the creature. You weren't usually this brass with the residents of the house. In fact you don't usually socialize with the residents but right now you are dying of boredom. Not to mention he was practically asking for trouble by playing with Thaddeus. Your a much better playmate than Thaddeus.

You decided against telling Tate you're a ghost instead telling him you lived in the neighborhood. He continued to ask you questions but you ignore most of them. Only telling him your name and some lie about why you were in his house. It surprises you when he takes your answers. He tried to get more answers from you but you just ignored him. Instead grabbing his hand and leading him upstairs. Tate let's you lead him all the way to his bedroom.  When you get to his bedroom you drop his hand and make yourself comfortable on his floor, and asking what game he wants to play. 

This is one of the weirdest things to happen to Tate. A complete stranger broke into his house and put a name to the monster from his childhood. Now that said stranger is dealing out cards and acting as though there best friends. He should run, yet he stays because something about the way you're looking at him makes him want to do whatever you say.

He had no idea what to make of you. Tate wasn't happy, he hadn't been for the longest time. He was willing to die today just to see if his childhood monster was real. It was obvious he had problems, and even though your a complete stranger he feels seen by you. You make him feel so many different things and he doesn't even know you. He wants to though, he wants to know everything about you.

After that day Tate and you spent more and more time together. In a short amount of time the two of you became dependent on each other. Finding what you both were looking for in each other. 

The two of you laid in Tate's bed with some small talk being exchanged between the two of you. You turn your body to face Tate poking his cheek. He smiled as he turned to face you showing you his adorable dimples. "Don't you have other friends you should be hanging out with?" You didn't mean anything by your comment it just confused you why he spent all his time couped up in this house.

Tate was quiet for a moment. "Why would I want to hang out with people from school when my best friend is you?" It was your turn to smile. You love spending time with Tate but it couldn't be heath to have your only friend be a ghost. Not that he knew you were a ghost you had yet to have that talk with him. Now wasn't the time though. Before you could ask anymore question Tate changed the subject.   "Want to listen to the new CD I got" you rolled your eyes at the change of subject but nodded yes. You loved your antisocial boy but sometimes he drove you crazy.

Music blared from his speakers, as Tate sang along with the song. You focused on him instead of the music listening to him sing. He looked so happy bobbing his head to the music. How could you not stare at him? He was totally oblivious to your staring. As you watch him you realize just how much you like him. He made you laugh and smile, something you haven't done in a long time. He caught you staring at him and a light pink dusted his cheeks, and all you could think was how adorable he is. He hides his face from you quickly, turning away making you laugh. You got off the bed grabbing Tate's hands and dragging him to the open part of his room. "What are you doing?"

"Let's dance" he laughed at your suggestion quickly shaking his head no. His hair moved with his head falling into his eyes after he stopped. You lean into him, your face only a few inches from his face. You push his hair from his eyes making eye contact with him giving him a sweet smile. "Come on you only live once" once again Tate's blushing. He shakes his head yes and your smile grows. You twirl yourself while holding Tate's hand he can do nothing but smile as he stares at you. He's in love. A huge smile blossoms on his face at the revelation. There's no doubt in his mind that he loves you.