Twenty-Four: Homecoming

She joined hands with Constance, repeating the words from the book. A silence covered the home as the three of them waited for any sign that the spell worked. The more time passed the more unhinged Tate became. His grip tightened on the blade as he called out your name, the only reply being silence. He turned back towards Constance and Billie, this was their fault and they were going to pay. He charges at the two of them but right when his knife is about to plunge into his mother's stomach a hand stops it.

He locks eyes with your gorgeous ones and feels like he can finally breathe. His hands shake and tears welled up in his eyes. He drops the knife, deciding to hold your face instead. Billie and Constance take this moment of distraction to leave. Tate pays them no mind focusing solely on you. As if this moment couldn't get any better, you place a hand over his. Giving him one of your breathtaking smiles and a small laugh. "Hi," he almost forgot what you sounded like.

More tears run down his face, he laughs a real soft laugh that is only for you. "I missed you" he mumbles before kissing you. As soon as his lips touch yours he knows this won't be enough. It'll never be enough but in this moment it's especially not enough. He wants to be surrounded by you.

His touch becomes more aggressive, his hands sliding down your body grabbing the back of your thighs pulling you up. With your legs firmly wrapped around your waist he's carrying you to Ben's office dropping you on the couch. He's moving fast in desperate need to see you bare.

You're just as desperate, you've been aching for his touch. All your senses are overloaded as he crowds you. His mouth sucks dark purple marks in your neck, his hands trailing up and under your shirt. The feeling of your soft skin under his hand has him crying more. Tears blurred his vision yet he doesn't stop. He becomes more frantic, ripping your shirt off, followed by your pants. You follow his lead, yanking off his clothes, leaving the two of you just in your underwear.

Under normal circumstances he would admire you in just your underwear. Right now though if he's not inside you he's going to go insane. The last articles of clothing are tossed, there's nothing separating you now. Tate slides in, your legs spread wide for him as he bottoms out.

It's been years since he felt like this, not just aroused but loved. Doubts flooded his mind as he waited for the psychic to come to the house. He wondered if you would still feel the same way about him. What if you resented him for not saving you early for hanging out with Violet. His heart broke at that thought had you seen him with her? It didn't mean anything he hopes you knew that and if you don't he would make sure you did after tonight.

Now that you're in his arms he knows he was afraid for nothing. You loved him just as much as he loved you. "Tate please" your voice called out, your fingers pulled at his hair leading him to your chest. He immediately opens his mouth, placing kisses along your chest.

Neither of you last long, both sensitive after not having sex for years. Tate collapses on top of you, his face red and sweat coating his entire body, you're in a similar state. You lazily run your fingers through his girl revealing in the way he practically purrs at the attention. "I'm sorry" He mumbles against your shoulder.

"What for, baby?" you couldn't fathom what he was apologizing for both of you had finished.

He lifts his head so he can face you, tears are once again pooling in his soft eyes. "I'm sorry that she did this to you. I'm sorry I didn't save you. I'm sorry for kissing Violet. I'm sorry" tears were falling down his cheeks. The sight had your heart breaking, it wasn't his fault that his mother did this to you. Neither was not saving you, he didn't know what happened to you. 

What broke your heart was him kissing Violet. You had completely forgotten about the girl. He had kissed her, the thought had your blood boiling. He didn't do anything wrong, he thought you were gone but it still broke your heart. If he kissed her did that mean he had feelings for her, does he love her? That thought shatters your heart, before you know it tears are streaming down your face.

"Baby, oh no Baby don't cry please I didn't mean... Oh I'm so sorry please stop" he's frantically wiping away your tears trying to get you to calm down.

"Do you love her?" you don't mean for your voice to come out as pitiful as it does. He's shaking his head, his hair going wild, you might even laugh if you weren't asking your love if he loved someone else. 

"Of course not I only love you"

"Then why did you kiss her?"

"I..I missed you" that just left you more confused if he missed you then why is he kissing another girl.

"Tate, if you like her" you don't dare say love "then be with her don't lie to my face" your getting angry if he found someone else then he should tell you. Not string you along with false words. Suddenly being naked in front of him is making you uncomfortable. You're pushing Tate off of you, grabbing your clothes from the floor.

He panics as you start getting dressed, all his fears coming true. You're not leaving him, he can't survive without you again. "STOP" you freeze as he yells, he didn't mean to but if it gets you to stop he's grateful. "I love you, only you Violet reminded me of you when we kissed I would pretend it was you. I thought you were gone, you just left and took everything with you. I couldn't feel anything after you left. I tried everything to not feel numb and the only thing that seemed to work was when I murder that couple. Then Violet showed up and things she did reminded me of you. I don't love her though she was just a poor substitute for you, we never did anything but kiss I swear"

"Tate" you want to say more, ask him if he's sure yet you can't get the words out. Not when he's looking at you like you're his entire world. You reach out to him, his hand immediately clasping yours, pulling you to sit in his lap.

"I love you, never again will I let you go"

"Promise"

"Promise" he repeats holding his pinking up.