Thirty-Two: Flightless Lovers

The feeling of cold water pulls her from her peaceful rest along with the urge to throw up. As she wakes up she becomes more aware of her surroundings, the first thing she notices is Tate. She immediately starts to cry as he pulls her closer trying to soothe her without realizing he's making her cry harder.

She feels completely numb as she lays in bed the book she grabbed from the library resting in her lab as she looks it over. Tates standing at the end of her bed watching as she flips through the book. She stops on one of the pages studying the doodles in the margins. There's little hearts and stars in the corners. One of the hearts has T + Y/F/I she traces the little heart before continuing to search the book. When she reaches the front cover she pulls the library card eyes reading over Tate Langdon.

"I like birds too" Tate said, Violet lazily lifted her head.

"Why?"

"I guess because they can fly away when things get tough" Violet just nodded, turning her attention back to her book.

"Are you going to tell your parents about the pills?"

"No they have enough problems" Tate just nodded his head, "Why are you even here, shouldn't you be with Y/n?"

"We both thought you shouldn't be alone right now"

"Wow that's great, the two ghost who are squatting in my house are worried about me"

"You tried to kill yourself Violet"

"OF COURSE I DID, I just found out my house is being haunted by ghosts and the guy I've been talking to murder a bunch of kids wouldn't you be going crazy" she takes a deep breath trying to get her emotions under control. "Just go away, Tate"

"Violet"

"GO AWAY TATE"

As soon as he's out of the room she's curling in on herself letting her tears fall freely. She only gets to cry for a few minutes when a knock sounds at her door. She quickly wipes her tears before saying come in. She half expected Tate but instead her mom walks in.
"Hey honey I just wanted to tell you that we may have an offer on the house, we won't know for sure until the house goes on escrow but it's looking good." Violet nods, moving out of this house sounds great. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I know this has been tough on you but I want you to know how proud I am of you" her words make Violet feel so guilty, she hasn't been strong she tried to kill herself. If Tate didn't save her she would be dead right now. She's not sure if she's glad he saved her, right now she's not sure of anything.

~~~

After Tate left Violet he found you. You had sent Tate to comfort Violet, even if she didn't know she was dead. Seeing Violet in that bathtub completely unconscious from the pills she took brought back so many memories. "How is she?"

"She just killed herself" that's an answer in its own way. "She doesn't want to talk to me"

"She just found out the boy she likes is a ghost" He chuckled a little, pulling you closer to him.

"When I found out the girl I liked was a ghost nothing changed" that makes you smile a small laugh following.

"Well you're not normal" he nodded in agreement.