Three: Lovesick Fool

Tate has no idea how to act around you anymore. Ever since he came to the realization he's in love with you he can't function around you. Every touch and smile you send his way he analyzes wondering if you feel the same way as him. His mind is full of questions wondering every time you lock eyes if you can see how much he's in love with you. When you stay over he spends the whole night wondering what your lips would feel like against his. He knows he's acting like a creep but that's what lovesick fools do. Right?

    There's a new look in Tate's eyes that you can't place. You've never seen it before but you can't help but get a warm feeling every time you see it. Another thing you've noticed is Tate staring at you. Every so often you catch him and you can't help but giggle at the blush that coats his cheeks when you do.

Since that unknown emotion has been swirling around in his eyes you've been spending every possible moment together. The two of you are closer than ever which only adds in your guilt. Every time you see that look in his soft brown eyes you can't help but wonder if he knew your secret would he still look at you like that. If he knew you were a ghost or how you became a ghost. A shiver went up your spine at the thought. You tried your best to forget that day but it seems to be engraved into your head.

Tate noticed your change in moods watching closely how your smile dropped and your eyes glazed over. He moved in closer to you trying to figure out what's wrong. At Tate's close proximity you turned towards him, giving him a smile that didn't meet your eyes. He tucked a piece of hair behind your ear looking at you with so much concern. The way he was staring at you combined with his soft touches was too much for you. Tears formed in your eyes, Tate quickly pulled you into a hug. You bury your face in his neck and cling onto him. Letting your tears fall freely against his shirt. Tate is beyond confused but he doesn't question you just pulling you close to him, holding onto you just as tight.

You pull away feeling embarrassed for having a meltdown in front of him. You apologize for soaking his shirt laughing while wiping the rest of the tears away. Tate doesn't pay mind to that though to preoccupied with trying to figure out how you can still look absolutely beautiful after crying. A stray tear runs down your face, Tate wipes it away before you can. Hes too scared to ask what made you so upset worried it'll make you cry again. It's quiet for a moment no words exchanged just the two of you staring at one another. You've never noticed how perfect Tates face is. He looks like a porcelain doll. How can you keep such a big secret from this beautiful man.

"Tate I need to tell you something.." Tates' heart speeds up at your sentence. His mind goes over every possible scenario. None of them calm his nerves and your silence makes him more antsy. You smile a little as Tate keeps moving around; it is obvious he's nervous. Not that he has a reason to be your the one telling him you're dead. "I'm dead" Tate didn't react at first thinking you're joking, but the serious look on your face makes him second guess.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm dead and now I'm a ghost trapped in this house" his mouth is open as he stares at you. Under different circumstances you would have laughed.

"You're a ghost" you shook your head yes giving him a reassuring smile to show him you're telling him the truth. "And your haunting my house"

"I wouldn't say I'm haunting your house, I don't really have any say in the matter if you die in this house you're stuck here" Tate nodded his head trying to wrap his head around all this information. The girl he is in love with is dead. She's a ghost trapped in his house. Ghosts are real.

So many thoughts swarmed his head, everything stopped though the moment he locked eyes with you. The look in your eyes made his chest burn. He can see the fear in your eyes and he wants nothing more to comfort you. He engulfs you in a hug giving you no time to react. His head nuzzles into your neck you hesitate before wrapping your arms around him. "You're not mad?" It was a stupid question he couldn't fathom ever being mad at you. Tate just shook his head no not wanting to pull away from the hug just yet. You stayed like that for a moment until you pulled on his hair lightly. He moved his head back just enough to make eye contact. Your eyes were looking deeply in his eyes looking for something. You must have found it because a smile formed on your face and you laughed a little. "You, Tate Langdon are truly remarkable." You placed a kiss on Tates cheek making his face turn a bright red. 

After telling Tate that you're a ghost a weight was lifted off you. Tate asked a lot of questions after finding out you're a ghost. You were happy to answer every last one, well almost every last one. Tate asked you how you died but when he saw your reaction he never brought it up again. You didn't like to think about your death and you were definitely not ready to talk about it. Tate was very understanding.

Tate was very curious about your life before you died wanting to know every last detail. It made you laugh how excited he was when you would tell him stories. They weren't that interesting you spent most of your life cooped up in the house. Tate loved them nonetheless. One of his favorite stories you told him was about you in a flower field. The way your face lit up when you were telling him about it made his heart skip a beat.

For every story you told him you made him tell you one about himself. He would always get flustered with how intently you listened to his stories. Not that your any better, Tates has started to give you random compliments throughout the day. He always caught you off guard making your face turn red without fail. When Tate noticed the effect his compliments had on you he purposely started to do it just to see you blush.