[ Chapter 34 : Last Night ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Meow " I felt something rough just rubbing under my chin and it's a little moisty along with a pressure on my chest.

I hum and turn my head as it stop before feeling more of it, I groan as I open my eyes, the first thing I feel was aching all over my body. I look at my chest to see what that pressure is and I chuckle to see Nana.

" Hello " I lift my hand to pet her.

I was taken aback to see it's bandaged, I furrow my eyebrows and my hand down to my wrist is where it is wrapped, I move my fingers around and it doesn't hurt, though moving my wrist is sore. I lift my other hand to see it's unharmed, I use my elbow to get up, I groan and wince to the aching feeling in my lower back. I lift myself up more then lean back on my bed as Nana rest on my lap, I look around to see I'm in my room, everything is where it's supposed to be but there's a small bed just beside my bed which I assume is Nana's.

" Meow " I look down at Nana and pet her, she starts purring and I feel the vibration of her body.

" I guess I blacked out " I said.

I look at my hands again to close and open my fingers to make sure and they feel alright, the door opens and I look up to see Jemma.

" Miss, your awake " she shuts the door and I see her with a tray of food.

" Morning " I said.

" You had me worried all night " she said as she approach me.

" I feel alright " I said as I sit up more before holding onto Nana.

" Master Declan brought you in unconscious and we had a doctor saying you wouldn't pull through the night " she said.

" My chest does feel a little heavy " I said as I breathe in and out.

" You inhaled a lot of smoke, the fire last night was already put out and now the knights are investigating the cause " she said as she pour a cup of tea for me.

" Since magic has no effect on you, Miss L/n asked me to prepare some ginger tea to help you naturally, and some waffles for breakfast " she said then pass me the cup of tea with the plate coaster.

" Oh, thank you " I said and blow before taking a sip.

" How's your hand? " She asked and I look down at it.

" It aches " I said then sip the tea again before passing it back to her.

" So why breakfast in bed?, I thought I'm supposed to go downstairs " I said.

" Your at bed rest for now, after last night your aching all over, everyone's worried about you " she said as she adjust my blanket nicely.

I raise a brow at her and she stops for a second.

" Well maybe not everyone " she said, I snicker and sigh but ended up coughing.

She places a small table in front of me then the tray, looking at the waffles which reminded me of a cake and that reminded me of Laurence.

" Last night, my friends " I said and she turns to me.

" They're all unharmed, thanks to master Laurence he got you out of there in time, they were sent home safely with an escort, as for now you must focus on yourself miss " she said then walk away behind my folding screen.

" Eat your breakfast while I prepare your bath water " she said.

" Where is my mom by the way? " I asked as I pick up my fork and knife.

" She went out to look for herbs to make medicine for you, the doctor gave her ingredients that should help you " she said.

" Oh okay "