[ Chapter 40 : Black Magic ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Something is definitely up " I hold Nana in front of me and she licks her lips after eating her food.

I had her wear a cute little outfit that I've asked aunt June to knit. It doesn't bother her so I'm not so worried about that, I hold her close when the doctor by Talia's bed finished examining her.

" How is she? " Uncle Jack asked.

" With some healing spell she has calmed down and with the help of herbal medicine from miss Celeste, it's manageable for now " he said.

" For now?, What do you mean for now? " Paige asked.

" It seems like there's a disturbance in her mind I can't quite tell what it is and dare not to speak of it " he said.

" Just say it " Anthony said.

He had an expression of concern and hesitated.

" A source of dark magic " he said.

" That's impossible " aunt June said.

" Black magic are forbidden all around the kingdom, anyone who was discovered using it is a death wish " she said.

" I'm very sorry but the skill of searching such magic is beyond my skill, I wish the best for Lady Talia's health " he bows then pick up his items before leaving.

" Black magic is difficult to trace so we rely on symptoms of it " Celeste said.

" What are the symptoms? " Anthony asked.

" There are many but the common one are are headaches, then general body pain,  and shortness of breath but that goes on for days before coughing and vomiting of blood " she said.

" That's what my mother experienced for the last week " Paige said.

" Like I said, it's a common symptom it could be poisoning or something else " Celeste said.

" But it's progressing too fast " uncle Javier said as he look around the room.

" What are you looking for? " Grams asked.

" I saw an incident during my trip and it's the same thing as this happened, if it progresses too fast meaning whoever it was used an evil object " he said.

" Evil object, like witchcraft black magic? " Elliot asked.

" That's absurd, who would want to harm Talia? " Mom asked.

" Anyone with a motive " Paige said and I notice her body language.

She doesn't look tense, it's all on the face only, her shoulders are relaxed and she's not so jittery while the only thing that shows a panic are her poor facial expression.

" Alright, I heard enough everyone go back to your rooms to be searched, I'm looking for this object before our family gets too involved with the law of magic " uncle Jack said.

I hold Nana as everyone start to leave this huge room and I turn around but look over my shoulder where Paige is by her mother's bed holding hands, and her face slowly smirks but notices me. And her face expression drops.

" What?, Leave " she said, I scoff and I see Jemma approaches me.

" Miss, let's go "

We leave the room and make it to my room, we wait here just a minute before manservants and Mia walk in my room.

" Two of you stand outside, two of you on the right side, the rest on the left side of the room " Mia said.

They start searching.