Tournament of Elements | Chapter 1: Travels

The sun had set and night soon fell over Ninjago City, lights from buildings lit the area along with the waxing gibbous moon that continued to rise into the sky, casting it's light over Ninjago. Cars and people could be heard on the streets, returning home after a long day of work, or enjoying the city at night, for as much danger that truly lied in the city, it was a beautiful place.

But of course, not everyone would be returning home and relaxing, for some, their adventure had just begun as two cloaked women ran between the ally ways and roof tops of buildings, staying in the shadows as they continued onward until they had reached their destination, the docks.

The docks were on the older side, creaking with every step taken on them, stretching out far into the water, the two women stepped out onto the open, walking along until they reached the end of the dock.

"So... we got here first?" One of the cloaked women asked as she looked around, she wore a dark cyan cloak, and a dragon mask that covered her face, matching the cyan colour theme.

"I guess so," the other woman said, her cloak was a bright orange, not the best for sneaking around but it looked good, she adjusted her cherry red hair to sit better in her hood, "remember Vayu, you don't have to come with me."

"I know I know, I just worry," Vayu admitted, "I want to make sure you are okay Skyler, besides that note said elemental masters, I'm an elemental master too."

The two watched slowly as more and more people began to arrive at the docks, Skyler began to talk with some of them as Vayu just looked over the crowd, her eyes then locked onto a person, he wore a green gi and golden shoulder pads, he pulled his mask down and began to talk with three others who wore similar clothing.

Something about this boy interested Vayu, he felt familiar somehow, although she had never seen him in her life she knew there was something up, he held a determined and confident look on his face, whoever these people were, they came with a plan.

Eventually a horn sounded, Vayu and Skyler walked to the end of the dock with everyone else, a man walked across the plank they had set up between the boat and the dock, he stood beside it, with one arm behind his back and the other gesturing towards the ship.

"Watch your step ladies," He spoke in a cold but amused tone, he had a lisp where he overenunciated the 's' in his words.

Skyler looked back with a smile towards Vayu and then at the others before entering the ship with Vayu close behind her, they both made their way to an upper lever of the ship, Skyler leaned on the railing looking at the others get on, Vayu watched for a bit before going down to the main floor of the ship as it began to depart.

Walking down she looked at the other elemental masters, training and showing off their abilities, she observed their powers with curiosity.

"..grandson to the master of speed..."

Vayu looked over to see an older man, he spoke with the ninja as they followed him through the ship, was he an elemental master too?

She walked off to another end of the ship to continue observing the other masters, feeling the cool breeze gently hit her mask and run along her cloak, she heard people moving throughout the ship, and the waves of the ocean gently lap against the boat as the ocean was calmer tonight, everything felt calming about tonight, the view was calming, the sounds were- THUNK!

Startled, Vayu looked up, she heard the sound of two people fighting on the upper level, wait.. "Skyler!" Vayu worried as she ran to the upper levels, passing by people who looked curious as to what was going on.

Making it to the third level she saw it, the red ninja and a man who's skin became metallic were fighting, the other ninja along with the older man watched as the metal man threw him across the ship, the red ninja dodging his attack before his foot was grabbed through the floor and he was dragged down to a lower level.

"What the heck are they doing!?" She hissed, running up beside the green ninja, "You have to get your friends under control before they do further damage to the ship!"

"I-"

"Skyler!" Vayu cut the ninja off as she ran over to her friend, who was holding onto her wrist, "are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"I'm fine Vayu, I promise," Skyler reassured her as Vayu checked on her wrist, light bruises had formed on them from the metal man's grasp, "I can take care of myself."

"I know, I know..." Vayu sighed, "I just.. You know I want to protect you, I don't want to loose my best friend."

"Same here," Skyler smiled.

"Enough!!!" They heard Clouse shout, everyone went to the lower levels to see what was going on.

The metal man walked away to the other end of the boat as the red ninja laid on the ground, Skyler walked over to him to help him up, Vayu stayed back, watching the two when she felt a presence beside her, it was the green ninja again.

"So that lady is your friend?" The green ninja asked her, his tone friendly.

"Yeah, and I'm assuming that hot head is your friend?" Vayu guessed.

The green ninja nodded, Vayu looked over to Skyler, who looked over at the front of the ship again, nodding in a way saying she would wait for Vayu there, she turned her attention back to the green ninja.

"So what's your power then?" Vayu asked him, being unable to figure out his element from his attire.

"Energy," he smiled, "what's yours? Speaking with animals?" He pointed at her draconic mask.

"No," she lightly smacked his hand away, "I'm the master of wind."

"oh wind? Well I guess the dragon mask makes more sense then, since dragons can fly through the wind, right?"

"You could say that," Vayu stated as the two started walking to the front of the ship, "I am going to go back to my friend now, you should go back to yours."

"oh, yeah," he said, looking around before adding, "My name is Lloyd, what's yours?"

"I'm Vayu," she responded before starting to walk towards Skyler, who was waiting near the front of the ship.

"Well then Vayu, good luck in the tournament," Lloyd smiled, before walking off towards the old man at the very front of the ship.

"oh.. yeah you too," Vayu said, a bit confused, he was going to be an opponent right? why be so kind?

Vayu joined Skyler, standing beside her as the island came into sight, multiple towering mountains peaked up into the clouds, a lush forest painted the landscape a gorgeous green, and a light fog swayed over the ocean waters. They were here, the Tournament of Elements had just begun.

((1202 Words))