Chapter 3: Versus

Vayu was usually an early riser, however this was not one of those days, instead she found herself being shaken awake by Skyler, who was telling her it was breakfast time.

Vayu got out of her bed and got ready, then joined Skyler for breakfast. Creamy Biscuits, juice, and something else that Vayu has never seen before, she preferred to catch her own food like deer or boar, it made her feel more at home.

Ahead of her in the line was the ninja, they got their food and walked away bickering about something, Vayu and Skyler had just gotten their food when the intercom turned on.

"The Tournament of Elements continues, fun time!" Master Chen said, "may the following masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, Poison, Wind, and last but hopefully not least. . . Fire! Remember, only one can remain."

Vayu stood there in shock, why would he make her fight so early? Skyler put her hand on Vayu's shoulder in a comforting manner.

First up was Master of Speed vs Master of Gravity, somewhere inside the large blossom tree was a Jade Blade, the two ran or floated alongside the tree, fighting for the blade.

Master of Speed moves on!

Next up was Master of Nature vs Master of the Mind, the two stood there for a bit, Neuro would jump out of the way just in time to escape the grasping vines.

Master of the Mind moves on!

Next up was the Master of Fire vs Master of Smoke, the two fought on an old wooden rope bridge with lava beneath them, it was a frustrating fight to watch, as soon as Kai would almost land a punch to the Master of Smoke, he would disappear. At one point Kai almost fell off the bridge and Skyler gasped, covering her face for a moment, but he quickly regained his balance and continued the fight.

Master of Fire moves on!

Last but not least was Vayu, Master of Wind, vs, Tox, Master of Poison. Their arena was in a clearing, in that clearing was large ruins, some collapsed, some reduced to rubble. In the middle was the Jade Blade which stuck out of a large pile of rubble in the centre, the group stood or sat near the edge of the clearing, preparing themselves.

Skyler put a hand on Vayu's shoulder, "everything will be okay," she reassured her, "Tox wont stand a chance compared to what you got in store."

Vayu smiled and nodded, she knew there was no way Tox could beat her, even if she was getting close Vayu had one last trick to pull.

Vayu walked over to her position and one edge of the ruins, Tox already at the other.

"Next up we have Vayu, Master of Wind, versus Tox, Master of Poison," Chen announced, "FIGHT!"

Vayu lunged at Tox, who kicked her down onto the ground before attempting to send a poisonous cloud into Vayus face. Vayu leapt up and used her abilities to send the cloud back to Tox.

This certainly wasnt going anywhere, and it seemed like they both knew that, Tox looked at the blade then back at Vayu before making a dash towards the green life.

Vayu used her power to push Tox back but it wasnt working, leaping forward she grabbed onto her enemys foot, the stones and dirt underneath her scratching her arm as she was dragged along. Tox kicked Vayu in the face twice until she let go, losing control of the wind causing it to calm down, allowing Tox to get closer and closer to the blade with each step.

Everything slowed down for a moment, each step, each voice from the crowd, each thought that she possessed, all narrowing down, to one, last, thing.

"I refuse, To, LOOSE!"