Chapter 6: Spellbinds of Forgotten Elements

"Good morning fighters!" Master Chen announced, "I can tell you are all so eager for the tournament to commence for one of you to win my Staff of Elements! Today, instead of fighting for a Jade blade, you will be fighting for something different!"

The screen they all stared at changed to reveal a young woman running through the bush, her raven hair and her tan skin almost hiding her from the camera in the dense forest, she wore bright red and black clothing with green and gold scattered along it, as her shoulder plates gleamed in the sunlight.

"Nya," Kai gasped.

"You know her?" Skyler asked him.

"She's my sister," Kai explained in a hushed voice, "she must be holding proof that could stop Chen."

That settled it, Vayu needed to find Nya, and bring her to the other ninja. all that was left was to find her, wouldn't be too hard since Vayu had already spent a lot of her life tracking.

"In ten seconds the bottom will drop," Chen laughed, "but to show you I'm not a bad man, ive given you eight parachutes, since one of you obviously wont need one."

The parachutes deployed behind her, each member rushing to grab one, "oh Sensei Garmadon is there? shoot that makes nine, never was good at math, toodle-oo."

the floor cracked open, the others leaned against it, desperately trying not to fall. Vayu on the other hand slipped trough the opening, starting her decent as she felt her body grow and stretch, her tail fanned out to create more drag as she closed her eyes and started to freefall.

she enjoyed the minute of falling before she opened her eyes and landed on a nearby tree branch, looking up she could see Garmadon hanging from a parachute, and Lloyd about to make contact with the ground.

her heart skipped a beat, as she watched the ninja plumet trough the tree branches, only to be met with a bright green glow and a roar as a the ninja on an odd dragon emerged from the trees. Vayu couldn't understand it, its roar bellowed throughout the island but still it couldn't be translated, this confused her, she would have to ask him about it later, right now she needed to find the girl.

Vayu landed on the jungle floor, her paws sank into the wet moss as the leaves of tall plants brushed against her legs, she tilted her head up and smelled her surroundings, plant, plant, bird, frog, human! An unfamiliar scent came from not too far away, on silent paws Vayu crawled trough the jungle, passing by other hunters, who were unaware of her presence.

The scent was strong now, looking around she eventually spotted the raven hair of her target, slowly she crept along until she was only 10ft away, Vayu let out a small purr of amusement as the girl hadn't noticed her yet.

Nya heard a noise from behind her, she turned around quickly to see a large eastern dragon, she was filled with fear as it came closer to her, only six feet away.

Vayu turned back into a human, looking up at the girl who seemed to be frozen with shock, "what-how?" was all she could say.

"Hey dont worry," Vayu said, lifting her hands into the air and taking off her mask, "I'm not here to fight! Your Nya right?"

"Yeah, how did you know that?" She asked.

"I'm with your ninja friends okay," Vayu responded, walking over to Nya, "what is the spell?"

Nya held onto the paper defensively as she came over, "how do I know I can trust you?"

"I- well," Vayu didn't really know how to respond to that, "I.. um. well you don't have to give me the paper. Could you just tell me what Chen will do with my power?"