Chapter 4: Ninja Roll

Thunder bellowed outside the palace, a rough storm by the looks of it, it made Vayu's worries melt away. She loved the rain, everyone did at home, it used to be such a big deal when it rained but now it happens all the time.

However, what she enjoyed most about the storm was todays battle, Skyler was fighting and her opponent couldn't have been more perfect for the occasion.

"Skyler, Master of Amber, versus Jacob, Master of Sound." Chen announced as Jacob began to play his instrument, "Fight! Fight!"

Skyler slowly moved her spear in a circling motion, "Eenie, meenie, minie, mo," she said, her voice becoming more and more stern as she continued, "catch a Jade Blade by its toe!"

Skylar launched the spear into a vase, no Jade Blade, however Vayu knew she would find it soon. Vayu coiled her tail around herself, now that everyone knew there was no point in hiding it anymore, she was always more comfortable in her dragon form.

Her eyes fixated on the fight below before yelps and grumbles could be heard from the people beside her, Kai, the sloppy fire ninja was making his way over to his friends. Vayu did not intend to sit beside the ninja, it was the only place where she could be in her form and get a good view.

she could hear the ninja bickering about something before Kai jumped up, half leaning over the railing he yelled, "SLYLER IS FIGHTING!?"

"What's got him so exited?" Garmadon asked.

"He had a crush on her," Jay nearly chuckled, "but then he found out they might be related."

Vayu hearing this growled, "they are not related you idiots, she is the Master of Amber."

They shot a few odd glances at Vayu, she sighed remembering how no one could even understand her, Skyler barely did, and they have known each other for months.

Vayu zoned out for a bit, only to come back when the crowd cheered as Skyler held up the Jade Blade.

"YES! Go Skyler!" Vayu and Kai said in unison, Vayu's roar clearly rising above the ninja's as Chen sent the Master of Sound falling to his assumed death, poor little guy.

Vayu desperately wanted to go join Skyler, most people would be able to wait to go see their friend, but Skylar was different than most people to Vayu. The two over time have formed a sisterly bond, something Vayu had never gotten to experience in a long time, ever since he left us.

"But then in yesterday's battle," Master Chen shouted, tossing the plate of gems and gold over his shoulder and breaking Vayu out of her trance, "Master Jay and Cole tried to undermine me, by teaming up, and refusing to fight each other. For their insubordination, all of your fancy quarters will be taken away. together all of you must sleep in the chow house! that is all. Thank you, you can go."

"nice one Jay," Kai bickered as people began to leave. "Easy there Romeo!" Jay lashed back as Vayu leaned her tail over the railing, allowing Skyler to join them.

"are you okay?" Vayu asked her, Skyler nodded and began to walk out with the others, Vayu followed and the ninja kept not to far behind them, she could hear Lloyd trying to keep their team together. She felt a slight bit of sorrow for the team before brushing it off, it didn't matter, what matters is stopping Chen once she could, but how would she do that? its not like she could rush over and bite his head off, not only would the guards kill her afterwards, but the Elemental Masters would likely try and stop her too, Lloyd would try and talk her out of it and- UGH! What was she thinking!? she doesn't even have proper evidence! She would have to wait till a later day to figure that out, for now she was ready for sleep.

Vayu sighed happily as she left the building, the weight on her chest lifted as she tilted her head up to the sky, the joyous feeling as the rain washed over her, soaking into her pelt was overwhelmingly amazing, she missed the rain.