Chapter 5: Spy for a Spy

Vayu was one of the first to wake up, followed by Lloyd, who quickly changed her bandages as her would had not fully closed, in about a days time, it will have completely closed and her arm free of pain.

Vayu was honestly glad to have the Master of Form out of the tournament. While she would prefer to not have anyone go, she was surely glad to have a slight bit of revenge for the wound she gave her.

Vayu sat at the table, looking around at the others before seeing their breakfast, a lot of food she used to have at home, while not entirely the same it was still comforting. Most of the ninja and a few other competitors were grossed out by the variety of food, Vayu and Shade loved it, both of them digging in to their meals, delighted with each bite.

The group started talking about their alliance, Shade didn't seem too pleased about the idea of it, Vayu just wanted to do anything to keep her ability from being taken away, it was who she was, it was what she was born with, she was worried she may die if it was taken away.

fortune cookies were passed around to all of them as Chen began to speak, Vayu didn't want to give this man the light of day however she felt herself filled with fear as he spoke.

"I heard there were rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's powers, I am," Chen smiled as the room filled with gasps, allowing the silence linger for a moment too long, "but it's all for this staff. The Staff of Elements. it holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it will hold all but one! The last standing will win this prize and be the greatest fighter in the history of Ninjago!"

Vayu's fear was set in stone now, it took all of her might not to run up there and bite his head off, or prevent the air from leaving his lungs.

"You lie," Lloyd shouted from his seat, "What about the spell?"

"What spell?" Clouse questioned.

"Don't believe him," Lloyd begged, "it's just another trick, Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it! Tell them what you saw Neuro!"

"frankly I don't remember," Neuro lied, "truly I'm more interested in that staff."

"Traitor!" Vayu shouted, "Do you have any idea of how that could affect a master!? any idea of the damage you could have caused!? Don't listen to this snake!"

"why should we be so fast to trust anything that you two say?" Griffen asked, "how could we possibly know you aren't just trying to get the staff for yourself?"

"because unlike you idiots, speedy boy, I know danger when I see it," Vayu hissed, her hands clenching into fists, "That staff is too much power to hold for anyone! Not even the great elder dragons could hold that without going insane."

the group began to bicker more, Skyler got up and came in her direction for a bit, only to pass by her and give something to Kai, before returning to her seat. Am I being too clingy for her? Vayu worried, Skyler keeps getting distant from me, is it my fault... or is Chen having some influence on her?

They all separated for a bit, Vayu turned into a dragon, sitting on one of the rooftops allowing the wind to ruffle her fur, until she was once again, interrupted.

"Vayu," Lloyd called out, Vayu turned to face him, "everyone is meeting in Kai's room, its important."

As the two made their way back, Vayu becoming a human once more, Lloyd filled her in on the minor details, but the main thing was this, there was a spy among the group. The two were the last to make it into the room, Lloyd explaining to everyone what was about to happen.

Garmadon watched the door, making sure no one escaped, each member pleaded their case before Garmadon intruded, "anyone who had ever worked for Chen had the Anacondrai tattoo on their back, find the tattoo, find the spy."

one by one each person showed their backs, no tattoos, all that was left was Vayu, Shade, and Skyler. Vayu revealed her back to them, she was quite nervous about it, on each of her shoulder blades were the same pattern that was on her legs in her dragon form, a diamond with a triangle underneath.

"right spot wrong tattoo," Garmadon said as she covered her back again.

"it's a marking of my people, not Chen," Vayu stated before quickly adding, "because I know some here who may think otherwise out of not finding any spy here."

Vayu went and sat in a corner, she watched as Skyler and Kai bickered for a bit before she left with a huff, Shade refused to show his back and the room erupted into chaos, others using their abilities to try and stop him, however they only caused a painting to fall on Jay's leg, spraining it as Shade ran.

"So much for our alliance," Lloyd sighed as everyone else left.

"what alliance," Jay whined.

"I'm still here," Vayu added, "I dont trust a thing Chen is proposing."

"Well we still have a bit of an alliance dont we then," Lloyd smiled.

. . .

Later that night Vayu found herself in the courtyard sitting on one of the rocks, listening to the calming breeze as it flew past her, it hit against her masked creating a smooth feeling that she could hardly describe with words.

Lloyd poked his head out into the courtyard, he could see Vayu perched up on a rock, the bandages on her arm gone as her wound had fully healed by now, that was surprisingly fast.

He walked over to join Vayu by the rock.

"hey," he said, not knowing what else to say.

"hi," Vayu replied, "So what do you want?"

"oh uh I didn't really have a plan I just wanted to talk with someone," Lloyd admitted.

"why not talk to your father or any of your friends," Vayu asked.

"well its not the same you know," Lloyd sat next to her, "besides I wanted to get to know you better."

"how so?"

"well for starters, where are you from? not trying to find some way to get any revenge just curious."

"that's not something I am willing to share tonight ninja," Vayu thought for a moment, something about Lloyd and his father felt strangely familiar.

"oh ok," the ninja sighed, "well I guess that count out my second question."

"and what was that?"

"could I see your mask?"

Vayu could hardly believe she was about to let herself do this but here went nothing, "Sure, just dont break it or I will claw you to death."

she carefully handed the mask over to him, he looked over it, fingers tracing through the different markings before he placed it on his face, nothing happened.

Vayu felt the connection with Lloyd suddenly grow, he was defiantly connected to them in some way, but how?

"aright greenie that's enough," Vayu said, taking back the mask, but hesitated before putting it back on, she had been wearing it for so long, it was about time she got some fresh air. she set the mask down on her lap taking in the midnight air.

Lloyd looked at Vayu, she looked quite stunning, he was confused as to why she would hide her face, was she running from something? Stuck in hiding? it had the same markings as the ones on her back so maybe it was a family heirloom. After realizing he was staring he got up, "we should go to bed, the tournament continues tomorrow after all," he said trying to cover up sounding embarrassed.

Vayu nodded and the two headed back to there rooms, wishing each other a goodnight before entering. In the morning they all woke up early, being sent out onto a odd flying device that Vayu had never seen before. They all watched as they, and the sun raised into the sky, tensions were almost as high as they were, slightly bickered over silly little things, all conversation stopped however, when the sound of the intercom turned on.

((1395 Words))