Sons Of Garmadon | Chapter 11: Reunited

The moon once more had risen above Ninjago city, lights were scattered out throughout the streets and cheering could be heard, tonight was the Dragon Day festival, an event Vayu was excited about, she had never been to a festival like this yet, and the fact it was called Dragon Day made Vayu feel at home. She planned to go with Lloyd if Ninjago wasn't in danger again, no one would actually try to ruin everything during a celebration like this right? Wrong.

Vayu crouched down by the roof of one of the buildings in her new Gi, matching her cyan colour pallet she had, next to her was Lloyd in his new green Gi, and she had to admit it looked really good on him, although instead of staring down at him she looked down at the festival below, if course the one night Ninjago would have a celebration like this is the night they were needed. And now they were waiting on P.I.X.A.L to give them the proper coordinates so they could deal with the threat. Just perfect.

The Green Ninja looked over at her, lifting up his mask so she could see his face better, "Yeah I know, I wanted to take you too," he said, his voice lowering in a soothing manner, "maybe next year?"

"Hopefully, who knows, maybe I'll be able to be a dragon again next year," she sighed, "sorry it's just- I really miss that form."

"I get it," Lloyd smile for a moment before a small beep could be heard by his ear, "that's Pix! She gave us the coordinates."

He held out his hand for Vayu, she looked at it for a moment before taking it and letting him help her up, both of them running along the rooftops towards Borg Tower, a mild headache hit her as they got close.

Both parted ways for a bit as they dealt with each member of the gang, meeting up again as Vayu helped the cops put some members into the back of the police car.

"Seems you did a lot without me," Lloyd said as he walked over, a peaceful smile spread across his face.

"Well to be honest it's not that much," Vayu returned the smile, "we have done a lot better in the past."

"Yeah, well you turned out better than me," Lloyd said, "I have some stuff to talk about."

Lloyd explained it to her as they walked back to their RV, however one thing stood out to her, "Oni masks? You don't mean-"

"The ones made by Oni," he finished her sentence as he opened the door to the RV, "Yeah, I do."

"You know what that means right?" Vayu said worriedly, stepping into the RV and sitting down on her bed, "You said the guy who took it had Lord Garmadon's face on the parachute right?"

"Yeah," Lloyd sighed, sitting down on his bed on the other side of the vehicle, "It means something bad, that's for sure."

"You do realize what those masks can do together right?" Vayu asked, seeming a bit more concerned than normal, earning a shake of his head, "Those masks, if brought together, will cause a resurrection! If they have anything to do with Garmadon, they could bring back your father, but I don't know if he will be the same."

Vayu watched as a bundle of emotions crossed his face, shock, fear, happiness, he felt it all. She moved to sit beside him on his bed, "Look I get this must be hard for you, I want to help or comfort you in any way I can, so just let me know if I can do anything, okay?"

She began to rub his back in a slow circular motion, trying to provide comfort, "Why don't you go to sleep, we can talk about this in the morning, or with the others, unless you want to talk about this now."

"It's just-"

"A lot to think about?"

"Yeah."

"I get it," she said, using his own words against him, before standing up, "we should go to bed now."