Chapter 2: Only One Can Remain

The boat moved closer to the island, heading straight towards what looked to be a palace or a fortress. Everyone looked on in awe, Karlof walked over to the front, bumping into Kai, Kai said something before getting in a battle stance. However they were soon cut off as at least 50 men started chanting. The boat turned to its side and they tied it down to the stone dock, letting down a plank so people could exit.

"Welcome to Chens Island," Clouse announced as he walked down the plank onto the dock, "The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters."

Clouse and Garmadon had a few words with each other as they got off before Clouse turned and led the way into the palace. Vayu stuck close to Skyler, they had been good friends for 6 months now. They were the last to make it off the ship, following behind the ninja, they noticed Kai turn his head to look back for a moment, then he doubled back before running to the front of his group and pushing them aside.

"Ladies first," he chuckled nervously as they passed, "fire will melt her icy heart, just wait."

"Do you want me to give him a little scare?" Vayu whispered to Skyler, "just to make him back off."

Skyler has seen Vayu in her other form, Vayu never had explained how or why, but Skyler respected her boundaries and stopped asking about it a while ago.

"No, you dont need to," Skyler chuckled as the walls gates opened. In front of them was the entrance to the palace, rows of men continued chanting while playing the drums. They all walked forward into the palace, making their way to the palace arena and sitting in a circle.

They all waited a bit before someone who wore red armour and the skull of a snake hit the gong, everyone remained quiet and seated until they heard majestic music playing.

"All rise for Master Chen," Clouse called out. Everyone stood up as a throne slowly descended, Master Chen stood up.

"Welcome to the Tournament of Elements, now everyone can all die," Master Chen announced as the doors swiftly closed, "direct your attention to me!"

"Never before have so many elemental fighters been under one roof," he said walking towards them, "I see Master of Fire, Earth, Shadow, Speed. Even a prophesied Green Saviour. And a former pupil has returned."

He went on to explain the Anacondrai symbol on the gong, the guard bashed the gong again, it split revealing brackets, from the looks of it Vayu was set to fight someone with green hair and darker skin. Master Chen then went on to show the jade blade, it represents life, take it, move on, allow your opponent to steal it, loser.

Then Master Chen said something that sent a shiver down Vayus spine, "Your powers will keep you in the tournament, use it or lose it!" What did he mean by that? She burst out from her thoughts to hear Master Chen still speaking, "now please, enjoy my island, it's a super fun happy place! Fun time on me!"

"Youll now each be shown to your rooms," Clouse said, clapping his hands as the door opened as Kabuki came out, one for each person except for Vayu and Garmadon, one grabbed Skylar and Vayus wrists and lead them upstairs to Skyler's room.

"We unfortunately we did not plan on your arrival, Vayu Master of Wind, However your presence is greatly appreciated," she said bowing to Vayu, "you will be staying with Skyler, Master of Amber."

The two walked in and the door closed behind them, the room was clearly meant for Skyler, mostly different shades of orange but with specks of cyan here and there, there was an extra bed off to the side which Vayu assumed was hers, but Skyler agreed if they stayed in the tournament long enough they could switch beds if needed. There was a painting of Chen off to the side of the wall, odd considering this wasnt Chens room, neither Vayu or Skyler had seen him before this day.