Chapter 18: Who's The Pawn Now?

After the meeting or reunion to be exact, i didn't have energy to go in the dinner tonight with Mako.

I called her to apologize and say I didn't feel well and we agreed to change the date of the dinner to tomorrow instead.

Although Mako said it was fine, i could feel that she was disappointed about it, i could hear some people through my phone and Mako was probably outside.

I just hope she wasn't anticipating too much. The dinner was to thank her from helping me about the broken mirror incident and also due for another reason.

Matsuo-san's final wish was troubling me, if Suzuki didn't attend the school then i might be able to do have a development with it.

However with my father intervening and added oil in the fire, the two of us were now in a fierce competition.

Timeskip

The classes just ended and i was supposed to be at the library since i was assigned to be a tutor of the group.

I also need to invite Sakura Airi since i agreed to add another member to my group, at first i was planning to invite Miyake Akito however he and Hasebe Haruka already joined Hirata's group.

Kushida was planning to invite Sakura to join however she ran away from her which was unexpected since it was the ever so friendly Kushida.

So i was left to find her and invite her to join mine, not like i was expecting that i will succeed but i should show at least that i was doing it, i could just tell Hirata a random excuse that she also ran away from me or she was going to study by herself.

Sakura doesn't socialize much and i haven't really seen her talk to anyone so she wouldn't tattle to anyone.

Just when i was planning to invite her someone came up to me instead, it was Horikita Suzune.

She told me that she needs to talk for a private matter, we didn't really talk much so this was unexpected of her, we were in a somewhat secluded place where no one could bother us, we were at the third floor of the special building where Suzuki and I talk and unfortunately this was also the place where we kiss.

I look around the corners and the stairs, it was still the same when i came here for the first time, there was still no cameras placed. I wonder why did she brought me here.

A thought of Horikita confessing to me came up but it vanish in just a second, since this was Horikita who we're talking about here.

"Ayanokoji-kun, you're one of the tutors for the upcoming exam right?"

I nodded.

Why is she suddenly talking about it though?, its not like she needed any tutor since she was already academically capable, her score was even greater than mine based from the past test.

She was supposed to be a tutor but she refused, so i was placed instead.

"I will assume that you already know about the consequences when someone failed the upcoming midterm exam, there was actually three overconfident people that they thought they could pass the midterm exam"

It appears she was talking about the 'Three idiots' their group was named by the girls from my class. However what does it have to do with me, is she going to tutor all three of them?

"If it was three people you're talking about, is it Yamauchi, Sudo and Ike?"

"Indeed they are, i want you to help me round them up and bring them to the library"

As expected of Horikita, her way of asking for help felt like she was ordering someone instead.

Still, didn't she thought that I was busy since i will be tutoring my group today, just because she couldn't do it doesn't mean that she could just order someone to do it for her.