17 • Disappointment

(The party)

Abir :)

It's almost 9.00 PM. The party has been started, bhai and Sameer are taking care of guests. The oldies are busy in business talks. Sam didn't come, saying she has leg pain, but I know she's upset about Mishti. I had not share everything about that day, but all know that Mishti is hurt and the reason is me.

Bhai is quite upset with me . Saanvi and me, both are standing near the entrance, expecting her to come. But deep down I know she won't come,  but still a little hope was there . Saanvi hit my shoulder , I looked at her raising my brows, she pointed me towards parking.

My heart started beating seeing Agarwal family there. But it dropped in no second for not finding Mishti with them. Even her mom was there, her chacha chachi, bhai bhabi , everyone came. I greeted them with a smile and they all went inside.

"See! Your prediction came true, she didn't come, " Saanvi mumbled, I let out a deep breath. Bhai came and stood in front of us. I started digging hole in the ground with my black shiney shoe making it brown.

"Can you guys handle everything here, I am not feeling good. So I just want to go home and moreover Sam is alone too, " I muttered keeping my gaze at the ground.

Bhai silently nodded his head and left. "Yarr! Now what will I do among these business people," Saanvi pouted , I chuckled..

"Bye! Take care " I hugged her, she became upset but I was really not in a mood to stay in this party. I went to parking and got inside my car,  starting the engine of my car I drove away..

It took me twenty minutes to reach home as the party venue was just near our home . The guards opened the gate, I parked the car in garage.

Keeping my shoes in the stand, I directly went to Sam's room to check her. I opened the door silently, she was sleeping. I sighed. After that day she is rarely talking with someone, just staying in her room and doing nothing .. Closing the door, I went to my room.

I laid my eyes on a canvas which was wrapped in a cloth. I picked it up and sat on my couch. Unwrapping it , I roamed my fingers over it as a smile crept across my face. Mishti! It was her.

When I was in Paris, I made this painting..

The fear of forgetting her face engulfed me. Because it had been 3 years to me moving from India to Paris. I knew I won't meet her again, but forgetting her face was a nightmare for me. I just went to my terrace and put a white canvas on the easel.

Closing my eyes, I started colouring the canvas, remembering her angellic face, pouring my heart on it . My heart fluttered and the smile was not living my face, while I was painting her. When I opened my eyelids, I felt proud of myself. It was not my first painting, but the most aesthetic painting ever. It was not because of the magic of my fingers, but her prettiness added much more beauty to it  ..

I still can't believe, in a random day I  met a random girl, who just became something really special to me . Only a simple glimpse of her was enough to making my day, no matter how hard my life used to be.

And now!

I messed up everything, very badly!

I had never felt this much helpless before!

The vision ahead me has become totally dark, there is no way out of it. I closed my eyes and placed the canvas near my heart. I felt a tightness in my chest, I breathed harder as I could. When she smile, I feel happy, but when I become the reason I felt happiest.

In that way, when she cry it hurts, but when I became the reason of her tears it make me feel like dead. That day, her helplessness, her tears just flashed on my eyes, I held the canvas tightly. I wish I could have just control my anger. I let a thick air come out of my mouth ...