48 • Aching hearts

Abir :

Terror gripped in me seeing her in the hospital bed. The pain in my chest grew as I saw the sheet getting more and more drenched into blood. God know from where this much blood were coming out. She's badly injured.. My palm slipped from the glass window leaving the red blood mark there.

For a moment I wanted to run to her and took her in my embrace. She was struggling to breathe. Doctor was giving pressure on her chest. My heart wrenched in pain. My whole body started shaking in utter fear . I wanted to kill myself for causing her this much pain. My girl just met with an accident and me being useless could not do anything.

I could not see anything when the nurse covered the screen blocking my teary vision. She's injured but I was going through the physical pain.

"Oh My God.... How did this happen? "

I heard Aadarsh bhai's voice from my behind, he kept his one hand on my trembling shoulder. After we came to hospital I informed him about this accident. Alone I won't able to handle anything at this point..

"How did the accident happen? You were there? "

Mom's fearful voice gave a shiver in my whole body. I was there but I could not do anything. The guilt in me just wanted to kill me.

"If something will happen to her, I will die.... " only thing I could manage to utter .

"Please don't lose hope, she will be fine! " bhai said trying to calm me. I so desperately wanted his words to come true. But I was not getting any positive vibes. Every passing moment was giving me anxiety. A nurse came to me holding some papers in her hand.

"Sir, Please fill the details about the patient, " she said to me, I was too weak to even move from my place. Bhai took the paper but his hands were trembling too. Saanvi took the paper, sitting over a chair she started filling it. I looked at my Mom, her both palm were above her mouth. She was staring at me with her eyes full of tears, filled with extreme fear.

"I can't live without her.... " I whispered, a lone tear dropped from my eyes. Mom wrapped her hands around me, taking me in her embrace. I stayed like a statue, nothing can assure me at this moment. Only person I need right now is her.

Please Princess! Hang on. You have to live for me! You promised me, you will never give up on your life no matter what..

One by one everyone came to hospital after knowing the situation. Nobody asked me anything about the accident understanding my situation. I stared at Sahil and my whole body froze. Some years before he was in same pain. I don't want to put myself in his situation. I am not strong like him. I will die. I can stay without her, but I can't imagine this world without her.

I love her.

I wish she could hear me, I wish I could confess her the way I wanted to. I hate me, I hate me for every single thing happening in my life. I wish I should have never involved myself in her past. Neither I would have got to know about all this, nor anything worst like this would have happened. It's all because of me.

Don't talk to me, punish me whatever you want. But just don't give up on your life. My heart beats for you. If you will stop breathing, it will stop beating. You are my home. You are my everything and I don't want to lose everything. Please Mishti.

My lips were trembling in fear. I wanted to cry, cry my heart out,but tears were not coming out of my eyes . I wanted to shout till my throat will hurt. I wanted to just run away from all this. But at the end I want you to be with me and nothing else.

"Bhai, she will be fine na? " Sam asked to me, I stared at her. Her face were blood red and swollen due to crying from last one hour. I shifted my gaze to the glass, due to the screen I am not able to see anything. I snapped my head as the door got opened..