54 • Destiny 's game

Mishti :)

I slided the window glass down and glanced at the clouds.. The freshness in the air amazed me.. A smile crept on my lips when I thought about all the things Abir said to me while coming back from Delhi to Mumbai.. To be someone's first and last is always so special and never in my life I thought that boy would be Abir.. We both were in same University too, but I never met him.. Of course I would have seen him, but never kept him in my memories..

How difficult it would have been for him!!

"Thank you Uncle, " I said to the driver as he stopped the car in front of my house.. Abir left to his office from Airport, so it's only me who came.. After dropping me the driver left and I headed towards my house. Mom must be waiting for me , it is already lunch time.. I kept my bag in the drawing room and turned back to go inside my bedroom but stopped in midway.. My jaw dropped and eyes widen..

A big photo frame was hanged against my drawing room wall.. It's the frame which was gifted by Aadarsh bhai in my birthday, and the photos of the frame are of our trips.. The trip which I went with Abir and whole Rajvansh family but told my mom that I went to Dubai with my college colleagues .. Hell.. I had kept this frame under my wardrobe, from where Mom found it..

I licked my lips seeing Mom's reflection on the glass frame, turning towards her I gave her a faint smile.. She gave me a look like she is judging me from top to toe.. Mishti Mishti Mishti.. Why always with you?

"Why had you kept such beautiful frame under the wardrobe? " she asked crossing her hands above her chest, but it sounded more like tantrum..

"Umm I went um you I mean they just umm-" I started blabbering God know what until she showed me her palm..

"Tell something other than I you they, " she concluded and forwarded me a glass of water.. What a welcome Mishti! I gulped down the glass of water in one go.. Much needed.. I took a deep breath, there is nothing to be afraid of.. Huh.. I again looked at my Mom, she raised her brows at me and all my confidence flew away..

"Umm Chacha knows that I went with them, " I muttered, I mean this is the least I could speak. Sorry chacha..

"Of course! Everyone know everything related to you except me.. Who am I even! " she said, I could feel sadness in her voice. I started regretting for everything.. She silently walked away and sat on a couch.. Letting out a deep breath, I sat beside her.. When she did not say anything I started digging my finger on her arm and she glared at me..

"I am sorry, I thought you will not let me go.. I was scared.. That's why I didn't say anything, " I said holding her hand.. She again gave me a death glare..

"Did I ever deny you to go with your friends? You literally went on a trip but didn't feel like to inform me. And what will I do with your sorry.. Go and live with that family. Who am I even? " she said and looked away.. I made a pout..

"You are my whole world.. I am sorry na.. I will pakka tell you everything from next.. One last sorry.. Please please please, " I apologized her while hugging..

"Fine, " she murmured, I sighed..

"I have something to tell you, " she added, I nodded.. "Tell.. "

"Invite Abir to our house for dinner today, " she mumbled and I again gave a nod..

WAIT..

WAIT WHAT..

"Are you kidding? " I asked with a straight face and she gave me an annoyed look..

"You actually want to invite Abir? " I again asked excitedly and she nodded..

OH MY GODDDDDDD..

"Keep calm,. Let's go, first take your lunch and then do your drama. I have to make special dinner for him too.. Just tell me his favorite dishes, " saying she left to kitchen and I buried my face on the cushion... After doing my lunch I headed towards Rajvansh house.. Inviting him in phone call didn't feel right.. And he must have returned from office as he said he had just one meeting to attend. It's only 3:00 pm, I hope he is not taking afternoon nap.. Otherwise my words will feel like a dream to him..