i. attacks

"you will pay!"

The feeling of it being the last day of school was something Cassandra had never understood.

Until now.

After a quite eventful year of school, filled with tons of monster attacks and multiple trips back to camp, it was the last day of school, and Cassandra felt genuine excitement.

"So we'll pick you up at three. Only seven more hours and you're out of school!" Courtney said, sounding very excited.

"Uh huh" Cassandra said, through bites of her cereal.

"And then we'll go straight to camp. Got it?"

Cassandra nodded. "You two are more excited than I am."

Courtney smiled, "Well this is my first year as a mother. It's so exciting" She gushed.

Courtney and Joshua Rochester were a pair of demigods who had gladly adopted Cassandra after a very urgent call from Aphrodite. Joshua was a son of Hermes and Courtney was the daughter of Aphrodite. They were two of the very few demigods who lived into adulthood.

Having been married for years, the next thing to check off on the to-do list was having a child.

Unfortunately they were having trouble having one.

"I'm going to be in high school next year. Are you sure you won't faint from excitement?" Cassandra asked.

Courtney laughed, "It feels like you've already graduated. I mean with you being so smart and all."

"When you've been alive for two thousand years you learn a lot of things."

Joshua frowned, "I keep forgetting how old you are. How old are you again?"

Cassandra gasped, "A man must never ask a lady's age."

Courtney smiled and nodded, "She's right, Josh. It's very rude."

Josh sighed. "You were just telling her about how you were two thousand!"

"I am. Two thousand and four" She took another bite of cereal, a smile on her face.

"See when I was younger—"

"When was that? When the dinosaurs roamed?" Cassandra interrupted.

"You're older than me!" Josh said.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Old Man. I'm fourteen. And you're like, what? A million?"

Joshua glared but the smile on his face, contradicted the angry look. Courtney was laughing loudly from her seat across from him.

"I'm choosing to be the bigger person. I'm not going to respond" He told himself.

"Why? Worried you'll lose to a fourteen year old?" Cassandra joked.

Joshua rolled his eyes, "This fourteen year old has school. Go get your backpack."

Cassandra groaned and walked up the stairs to get her backpack. She could still hear Courtney laughing from the dining room.

╰┈ ⋆。˚ ❀ *· 🌬 ࿐ ࿔ ˚:⋆ ✧・゚

The locker door slammed shut, Cassandra having to back up to avoid it crushing her face.

"Uh, excuse me? This is my locker" She said.

"Who cares, granny?" The boy in front of her said. Ryan Walters. Classic school bully type. But for some reason he also always seemed to have a line of girls waiting for him wherever he went. "Who's this?" He asked holding up a Polaroid photo.