ii. hearing

"I'm talking about justice."

The last thing Cassandra wanted to do was sit next to a boy she was mad at it, in silence, for the entire car ride back to camp.

Well I guess mad at wasn't the right word. Cassandra didn't know who she was mad at.

Percy, didn't seem like the right person to blame. Maybe she was mad at Rachel.

Or the most reasonable answer was that she was mad at herself. Upset because she was jealous.

Percy tried to talk to her, but she decided to continue acting as though he had punched her grandmother.

She gave him a few short responses, telling him that she had a monster filled year and telling him about Courtney and Josh.

That part still hurt to discuss.

Cassandra still hadn't contacted them. Chiron had Iris-Messaged them to let them know she was safe and at camp.

But she hadn't dared to speak them herself. She assumed they would hate her. I mean she would hate her too. The explosion that had burned their house down was her fault.

"Annabeth, get any word on Luke?" He asked.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. Him bringing up Annabeth when she was already jealous wasn't helping.

Luke was always a touchy subject for Annabeth, and she became snappy when Cassandra brought it up. They had been friends for years before Percy came to camp before he left with the dream of destroying Olympus and having Kronos rule once more.

Even though he had fallen off a cliff at the end of last year, it was confirmed he was still alive. Now their best guess was that he was riding around of his monster cruise ship summoning bits of Kronos from Tartarus.

"What I've gathered is that, Mount Tam is still overrun with monsters. Annabeth didn't try to get close but she doesn't think Luke is up there. She says she would know if he was."

"What about Grover?"

"At camp. You'll see him later" She explained vaguely. "He got a girlfriend. Juniper. A tree nymph."

Percy seemed to look shocked, "Gods, I've missed a lot."

Cassandra nodded, resisting the urge to say, "Yeah. While you've been hanging out with Rachel, we've been in the real world."

"Did he have any luck? With his search for Pan?" Percy asked.

Cassandra sighed quietly, fiddling with Balance. She didn't know whether to tell him or not.

"Did the world magically improve in the past six months?" She thought.

After deciding that that might be a little bit rude, she settled on, "You'll see."

Percy raised his eyebrows but didn't ask any more questions.

As they headed into Brooklyn, Percy used Annabeth's phone that Cassandra had taken with her, to call his mom and tell her that he was okay.