26

HYUNJIN & FELIX
private messages

angel
hey

<3
oh hey i was just about to text you

angel
can you meet up?

<3
i can, what's wrong?

angel
nothing bad i just need to tell you something and i would rather tell you in person

<3
oh alright, where'd you wanna meet?

angel
you know that cafe that we went to after your audition?

<3
yup, meeting there?

angel
yes
how quickly can you be there?

<3
i can make it there in ten minutes

angel
ok great
i'll see you then

<3
see you soon felix

———

felix was 100% shitting himself. he was shaking and his palms were clammy. he couldn't stop bouncing his leg either.

the waitress working at the café had even come over to ask him if he was alright and if he needed something.

it was a shitshow.

felix was going to murder his friends for even tricking him into doing this. there was no turning back now though.

the bell rang, indicating that someone had walked in, and just like he had for the last six times the bell rang, he looked over, his heart dropping to his stomach when he saw the absolutely god-like features of hwang hyunjin.

he looked away and let out a breath, watching out of the corner of his eye as hyunjin made his way over to the table where felix was sitting.

"hey, felix." he looked up when he heard his name, watching as he slid into the seat in front of him, a smile on his face. felix reciprocated the smile and nervously played with his hands under the table.

"so, what did you want to talk about?" hyunjin asked him, and if felix wasn't seeing things, he seemed to be nervous as well. and he absolutely was. as soon as he had gotten done with texting felix, he had called minho freaking the fuck out. he had asked him what he should do with his hair, what he should wear, etc. he didn't know what was going on, but he wanted to look his best just in case there was a chance that it was what he was hoping it to be.

he wanted to look good if he was going to confess to felix. and by god he did. felix was absolutely awestruck by how he looked. his hair was parted down the middle but had been pushed back, and he was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and a beige cardigan. (his paris outfit for those wondering!!)

felix quickly stopped thinking about how gorgeous he was when he remembered why he had asked him to meet up in the first place. felix knew he wanted to get this off of his chest, but he felt restricted, almost like he couldn't breathe.

"you are more than welcome to never talk to me again when you hear this," felix told him, silently hoping that hyunjin would say something. he felt so confined that he wanted to cry. he didn't want to feel this way anymore and he knew that telling hyunjin would help him, but he didn't want to ruin the friendship that they already had.

he was scared. terrified even.

"why would i never talk to you again? whatever it is, it's going to be fine, i promise you." felix chuckled lightly and looked up. hyunjin noticed how his eyes were lined with tears, some threatening to fall down onto his cheeks that were decorated with his freckles. "don't be so sure." felix warned, biting down on his bottom lip.

hyunjin shook his head and grabbed ahold of both of felix's hands, squeezing them in a comforting manner. "felix, trust me." if hyunjin was being completely honest, he was freaking the fuck out. felix had wanted him to meet up, which was a sign from the get-go.

but now felix was almost crying. hyunjin wanted to believe so badly that this wasn't gonna be sad, but from the looks of it, it was. he wanted this to be the moment when he could finally confess to the blonde, but his hopes were slowly dropping.

but he remained calm, keeping just a bit of hope. felix took a deep breath, letting out a shaky one before he looked straight into hyunjin's eyes.

it was quiet, no words came out of either of the boys' mouths. they simply stared at each other and/or their intertwined hands. once again, felix took a deep breath before pulling his hands away from hyunjin's, his hands now feeling empty and light.

hyunjin frowned at the action, slowly moving his hands to his lap, looking at felix with a confused gaze. felix's leg was bouncing, and that was never a good sign, he knew that the boy was nervous. he sighed and thought about what to do to get felix to look at him. he wanted the boy to know that it was going to be alright no matter what he said.

"felix—?"

"i like you."

omfg
so this story is almost over
i absolutely hate it
but
I'm determined to finish it 💀