chapter five: Finn's death

- FINN'S DEATH -

'sairah has been denied the opportunity to avenge her brother.'

Standing beside Indra, Sairah patiently awaits amidst the electrifying shouts of the grounders. Finn, after an extended period of hiding within the dropship alongside Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, and Murphy, ultimately surrendered. Sairah admires Finn's strength in taking such a drastic step, sacrificing himself to ensure the safety of his people.

As she observes the scene unfolding, Sairah turns her gaze to the right, where the Sky People observe from the confines of their camp. Aware of the potential humiliation that accompanies executing Finn in front of his own community, Sairah remains steadfast in her commitment to her way of handling matters—a tradition that has persisted over time.-

In the midst of the unfolding horror, the Sky People bear witness as the grounders excavate a hole in the earth, strategically placing a tree trunk within it. Raven, caught between worry and confusion, voices her concern, seeking understanding, "What is that?"

Clarke, with a blink of realization, responds, "It's for Finn. They want us to watch."

Determined to rescue Finn, Bellamy asserts, "We're gonna get him. We'll get in close, and we'll hit them hard."

However, Marcus interjects, shaking his head in skepticism, "Son... there's thousands of them. Even if we could kill hundreds... they'd still wipe out this camp, and your friend would still die."

"We have to try," Bellamy insists.

Turning to Abby with hopeful eyes, Raven pleads, "Abby, we have to do something."

But Abby, with a heavy breath, denies, "No, Raven."

Clarke and Bellamy exchange a shared look before breaking away from the adults, hastening towards the gate. Bellamy questions Clarke's actions, "What are you doing?" halting her in her tracks.

"I'm gonna talk to the commander," Clarke states resolutely.

Bellamy, probing for more clarity, asks, "What else do you have to say?"

"I don't know," Clarke sighs, expressing uncertainty. "I don't know."

Approaching Clarke and Bellamy, Raven clutches a knife in her hand, a glint of determination in her eyes. She gestures towards Clarke, "Give me your hand." Clarke complies, extending her hand, and Raven discreetly slips the knife into her sleeve, concealing it from view. Raven leans in and utters a plan with urgency, "If she won't let him go, kill her... Her and her second. Things will go crazy, and then we'll grab you and Finn." As Raven speaks, she tightens her grip on Clarke's hand, emphasizing the gravity of the situation. "Clarke, you have to help him. I owe him my life," she adds, her voice tinged with sincerity and gratitude. Clarke, absorbing the weight of Raven's plea, nods in understanding.

Perplexity washes over Sairah as her gaze fixes upon Clarke approaching, a sense of bewilderment etched across her features. The members of her tribe await guidance, expectant eyes turning toward Sairah for orders. With a simple yet authoritative gesture, she raises her hand, signaling her people to halt in their tracks.

The cluster of grounders, positioned in front of Clarke, scrutinizes the blonde intruder from head to toe, their collective gaze assessing her with a mixture of curiosity and wariness. Sairah, standing resolute, breaks the silence, issuing a command, "Let her pass."

Obediently, the grounders part, creating a pathway for Clarke to traverse. As Clarke approaches, her unwavering focus remains fixed on Sairah, an unspoken tension lingering in the air. Indra, vigilant with her spear aimed at Clarke, maintains a defensive stance even when the blonde is mere feet away. Undeterred, Clarke takes a bold step forward, the tip of the spear grazing her stomach. Yet, her unwavering gaze remains fixed on Sairah as she calmly declares, "I'm here to talk to your commander. Let me through."

Sairah, in response, commands Lexa, who emerges from her tent, "Let her pass." With a respectful bow, Sairah signals for Indra to withdraw her spear from Clarke's abdomen. Freed from the weapon's restraint, Clarke advances closer to Lexa. "You bleed for nothing. You cannot stop this," warns Lexa with a somber tone.

Clarke, undeterred, counters, "No, only you can."

Amidst the charged atmosphere, the surrounding grounders erupt in fervent shouts as Finn becomes visible, dragged by five members of the tribe towards a tree trunk. Fear is evident in Finn's eyes as they lock with Clarke's.

Sairah sheds her protective gear, methodically distancing herself from the encumbrance, and strides purposefully toward Finn. Within their camp, the Sky People observe with a mix of dread and fascination as the girl seizes her sword, embarking on the ominous task of honing its edge. The impending spectacle looms, promising to unveil every grim detail of the impending torture that Finn is destined to endure.

In the midst of this unfolding brutality, Clarke succumbs to a sense of helplessness. Tearful, she turns to Lexa, the commander, and implores, "Show my people how powerful you are. Show them you can be merciful. Show them you're not a savage." The atmosphere among the grounders shifts subtly after her impassioned plea.

Lexa, maintaining an air of stoicism, lifts her head and responds, "We are what we are."

In an attempt to sway the impending fate, Clarke bares her soul, admitting to acts of violence, "Then I'm a killer. I burned 300 of your people. I slit a man's throat and watched him die." Despite the futility of her words, Clarke persists, "I'm soaked in Grounder blood. Take me."

Lexa, resolute in her judgment, asserts, "But Finn is guilty, and Sairah only wants him."

"No," Clarke cries out, her desperation noticeable. "He did it for me, he did it for me."

The commander, unwavering, delivers a stark ultimatum, "Then he dies for you," tilting her head in a gesture that leaves Clarke with a singular realization - there is only one conceivable outcome.

After a tense minute of silence, Clarke musters the courage to make a final request, "Can I say goodbye?" The entire assembly freezes, even Sairah halting in her tracks, awaiting the commander's response. Lexa nods in assent, granting Clarke a fleeting moment.

However, as Clarke rushes towards Finn, her path abruptly halted by the sensation of a sharp object against her neck. Sairah, with her piercing hazel-brown eyes, glares at the blonde. A stern warning escapes her lips, "One wrong move, and you're both dead," before she relinquishes her sword, allowing Clarke to proceed with her heartbreaking farewell.

The commander's second patiently awaits Clarke's conclusion of her farewell, anticipating the moment to commence her quest for revenge. In a brief span of less than five minutes, the blonde bids her farewell to the boy. However, it takes mere seconds for Sairah to notice the ominous bloodstain spreading across Finn's shirt and the glint of a knife in Clarke's hand.

Amidst the backdrop of angry shouts from Sairah's people and Lexa's authoritative declaration that it's done, Sairah's vision is tainted with an overwhelming red haze. Lexa urgently orders, "Trikova, stand down," but Sairah remains deaf to the command, her mind echoing with the haunting voice of her brother, accusing her of failure. The grounders unsheathe their swords, poised for a lethal retaliation against the Sky People upon Trikova's signal. "Sairah! I said stand down!" Lexa commands with heightened authority.

Locked in her internal turmoil, Sairah glares at her commander, her jaw clenched in frustration. "You promised..." she mutters, her voice barely audible, before raising it in defiance, "You promised I'll get my revenge," the words now louder, resonating with the intensity of her emotions.

Lexa, unyielding, repeats her command, "Stand down."

Sairah takes a deep breath, her brown eyes reflecting a tumult of conflicting emotions, before addressing her people, "You heard the commander, stand down." Lexa nods in approval, but Sairah's glare remains fixed, a silent protest against the unfulfilled promise.

As the tension persists, all eyes turn towards the Sky People when a cry of agony pierces the air. Raven's anguished shout resounds, and she crumples into Bellamy's arms.

Finn is now lifeless, but the bitter truth lingers – Sairah has been denied the opportunity to avenge her brother.

##

this is getting interesting