chapter seventeen: may we meet again

-MAY WE MEET AGAIN-

"I bear it so they don't have to."

Sairah watches as more guards are put outside the door where the Sky People are being drilled in. Sairah has killed dozens of the Mountain Men so far, creeping up on them and slitting their throats or stabbing them in the back.

Sairah has been keeping her eyes on the door for half an hour now, listening to the screams of the Sky People, and killing guards coming her way, one after one.

Suddenly, her eyes widen in suprise when she sees Cage coming towards the dorm where the Sky People are being held. This is her chance to kill him and end this forever.

The excitment in her eyes is growing by every passing second.

-

A few minutes earlier.

Clarke and Bellamy watch as Raven is being drilled in. Both leaders close their ears at the sound of her painful screams. Something in the corner of the dorm, where her people are being held hostage in, catches Clarke's attention.

Her mother.

"Mom?" She breaths out.

Bellamy looks at her before following her gaze. His eyes glaring at the screen before they move to the old man next to him. Bellamy grabs one of the walkies in the room and walks over to the man. "Tell them to stop now."

Dante looks at him and shakes his head. "I won't do that. "

Clarke, on the other hand, is looking at one of the guards inside the Mess Hall, where every Mountain Men is gathered. "Emerson." She breaths out. Clarke walks towards Bellamy and grabs the walkie out of his hands. "Carl Emerson, Mount Weather security detail, come in."

Emerson looks up in suprise when he hears his name through the walkie. He holds it to his mouth and answers. "Who is this?"

"You know who it is." Clarke tells him. "Give the radio to the president." Clarke and the others in the room watch as Emerson walks towards Cage and hands him the radio.

"This is president Wallace." Cage mutters in the radio.

"I have your father." Clarke simply states. "If you don't let my people go, i'll kill him."

"How do i know you have him?" Cage asks with wide eyes.

Clarke extends her hand, shoving the walkie into Dante's face. Dante looks suprised but slowly moves his face closer. "Stay the course, Cage."

Clarke looks at the screen to see Cage's wide eyes. "You won't do it." Cage says.

"You don't know me very well." Clarke mutters. "This ends now. Release my people."

"I can't do that. "

"It would mean the end of our people, Clarke." Dante informs her from beside Bellamy.

Clarke clenches her jaw before turning around and pointing her gun at Dante. Bellamy, who moves away from the old man, looks at Clarke with wide eyes. "Clarke, we need him."

"And i need his son to believe me. " Clarke holds the walkie closer to her mouth. "Don't make me do this."

"Dad..." Cage takes a minute to breath. "I'll take care of our people."

Dante's eyes widen. "None of us has a choice here, Clarke."

"I didn't want this." Clarke tells him.