chapter eight: justice

- JUSTICE -

'you were the one who taught me to fight for justice, to champion the cause of the innocent,'

Accompanied by a group of warriors, Sairah strides purposefully towards the room where the Sky People patiently await the forthcoming discussion

Accompanied by a group of warriors, Sairah strides purposefully towards the room where the Sky People patiently await the forthcoming discussion. Indra keeps her sword close, trailing just behind Sairah, her presence a formidable one.

As one of the warriors unlocks the chains and swings open the door, Sairah steps into the room, met by a sea of expectant eyes. Each member of the Sky People awaits her announcement, their expressions a mix of apprehension and hope.

Sairah takes a deep breath, bracing herself for the inevitable disappointment her words will bring. However, before she can speak, Lincoln's voice cuts through the tension. "How's Gustus?" he inquires, spotting Nyko among the group.

"Gustus will live," Nyko reassures them, his words carrying a note of relief.

Indra wastes no time in issuing commands to the warriors, her gaze fixed sternly on Raven. "Take her away," she orders, her tone unyielding.

A wave of confusion washes over Marcus as he interjects, "Wait! What are you doing?"

"She didn't poison anyone," Bellamy protests, his voice tinged with urgency.

"I argued for all of you to die. But Trikova is merciful; she begged the commander to take only one," Indra asserts, her voice raised.

The Sky People turn their attention to Sairah, anticipating an explanation from the young leader. However, Sairah simply shakes her head in response.

"She's innocent," Lincoln argues, pleading for Raven's innocence.

"I don't care," Indra snaps back. "They move, they bleed." Two warriors seize Raven, forcefully pulling her out of the room as protests and resistance erupt among the Sky People. "The rest of you are free. When she's dead, so is the alliance... You should run."

With that, Indra and the warriors swiftly exit the room, leaving Sairah alone with the apprehensive Sky People. "I know you people are smart, so try and find evidence to prove Raven is innocent. I'll try to buy you some time, but you'll have to move fast," Sairah advises before also making her exit, leaving the room filled with a sense of urgency and impending consequences.

-

Gathered around Raven, who is bound to a tree trunk with her hands raised above her head, are warriors, women, and children. Sairah and Indra stand side by side, observing the scene with somber expressions as Raven trembles, attempting to hold back tears.

Glancing to her left, Sairah notices the Sky People watching as well. She shakes her head in frustration. Despite her urging them to find evidence of Raven's innocence, they remain idle, mere spectators to the unfolding tragedy.