Chapter 1: Pilote

Hiiiiii~ A new story is here!

Alright, before anyone starts reading, this story was inspired by To Love-Rou, written by Writter with bad Grammar T-T.

This is not a story adoption, there are major difference in plot, character and background.

Anyways, a certain part of this chapter is somewhat similar, but still different.

Just to be sure, I also asked the Author for permission and he accepted, so if you're reading this AWBG, thanks for the reply :)

Anyways, let's move on with the chapter. Tittled it 'Pilote' because I wanted to know everyone's reaction and see whether it's good enough for me to continue or not.

.

.

.

-Fuyuki-

A war without purpose, a battle that held no true reward in the end. Pursuing something that did not exist, a hidden evil that most could not see.

That was basically the Holy Grail War of Fuyuki, also known as Heaven's Feel for many, a ritual that existed for two hundred years. Established by the Tohsaka, Matou, and Einzbern families, the three Founding Families, as a means to reach Akasha—the Root as others might call it.

A dream that many families would unhesitatingly pay any price to reach. The path created to achieve such a feat was currently thought to be a competition for something recognized as the coveted Holy Grail.

However, the reality was far from how it had been described in fables and tales. It wasn't just a competition where one family would stand above another. In fact, it was more accurate to say that there were no winners, only a bleak ending with no prize.

This was because all participants who took part in this war were cursed to become bound by fate. Losing meant one thing, their life would end in pain and suffering at some point. One could easily see through this curse as nothing but a cruel joke.

Seven Magi were chosen by the Grail as Masters and, with support from the Greater Grail, allowed for the summoning of seven Servants for battle. The winning pair was allowed to claim the Holy Grail and be granted a wish.

Saber, the Servant of the Sword. Lancer, the Servant of the Spear. Archer, the Servant of the Bow. Rider, the Servant of the Mount. Caster, the Servant of Magecraft. Berserker, the Servant of Madness, and Assassin, the Servant of the Shadows.

As each Master and Servant were bound together by fate, the struggle between them was inevitable. Thus, the Holy Grail War was born.

Since its establishment, the war had already taken place five times, with the last occurrence over ten years ago. 

Unfortunately, everything went into shambles with the third Grail War. All from the tampering from the Einzbern who wanted to have an edge on the Tohsakas and the Matous. For what emerged from their summoning was a class of Servant that shouldn't have been possible—Avenger. A Servant they expected capable of destroying the world itself, holding absolute power over the rest.

Yet the being which came turned out to be none other than Angra Mainyu. Summoned from frustration and slaughtered before the folly could be discovered, the person who was called Avenger had, in life, been a sacrifice for all that was sin, all that was evil, all that was abhorrent of mankind. In his demise as a Servant, he had done what he had in life and so it was not the soul of an innocent, the soul of an avenging hero that was swept into the Holy Grail.

Humanity's evil, its sin, all amalgamated inside this one being.

Representing everything that mankind hated, loathed, and abhorred about itself… All this and so much more was poured into the Holy Grail until what it had been was no more.