Chapter 18: Festival

Beta read by Shigiya and Paragon of Awesomeness

.

.

.

-Sainan-

It turned out that Mikado possessed far more equipment than she had alluded to. It wasn’t just a handful of alien machines here and there, but an entire basement filled with high tech computers, medical equipments, and large tubes of clear liquids, one of which currently had the naked body of Yami floating inside as she remained in a state of unconsciousness while various sensors checked her current state. 

Emiya stood off to the side, listening to the sound of keys tapping as Mikado ran her various tests using a language he couldn't make heads or tails of. 

"Her vitals are perfectly normal and stable. She doesn't have any major lingering internal or external injuries left on her body. The injuries that were on her wings and hand have healed well enough that they are now only faint white scars, and even those should disappear in the following days. No signs of infection, or contamination of foreign bacteria that could lead her to falling sick or poisoning. Minor signs of malnourishment and excessive brain activity from her going days without any sleep — to a human this would be very bad, but she'll recover after a good night's rest and some proper food." The nurse went on in a long description of her finding which he listened to carefully. 

"Who would have thought that eating nothing but junk food would even affect a 'perfect' entity like Yami." She mused, finding this small revelation both fascinating and ironic. On many occasions, she dealt with aliens who experienced some form of poisoning with Earth's food, thanks to their bodies not being compatible. "You can take her out now, it's done." 

Emiya walked forward, seeing the tube getting flushed from all the clear liquid as the seal opened, letting Yami fall into his arms where he had a long towel prepared to dry her up and cover the girl. 

"Any specific diet or food her kind needs or should avoid?" He asked, walking to Mikado who started stretching her arms in a manner that caused her breasts to nearly snap the buttons off. A part of him knew she was doing it on purpose just to earn a reaction from him. 

"Nothing of note on that part, she can consume anything a human eats, so don’t put too much thought behind that." The nurse got up from her seat, walking over to the door where he followed which led to the living room after climbing up a flight of stairs. "She just ended up in her current state due to her body needing a lot of resources after your battle, and her not eating enough just aggravated what started out as a small problem." 

Placing the girl on a sofa, Emiya spent the following few seconds absentmindedly observing her face. Their circumstances were vastly different, from beginning to end they didn't share that much history and events. Yet for some reason, the Counter Guardian couldn't help but find a tiny part of himself sympathizing with the girl. A machine with the sole purpose of killing, losing a sense of self… all alone. This further bugged him since unlike him, Yami was still a young girl around the same age as his sister. 

A body made of swords, and a weapon taking the form of a body. Though Mikado didn't say it, he began to question whether she was naturally born from a particular race or an artificially created entity. 

"I'll borrow the kitchen if you don't mind." Pushing these thoughts to the side, Emiya walked over to the other side of the room where a clean kitchen came into view. Fully equipped but strangely barren of any ingredients or fresh produce. 

"Ara~ Am I going to get a personal taste of Emiya-kun's cooking? I'm sure many girls would be envious." She said while trying to hide her surprise as the boy before she took her apron and put it on, grabbing what little she had in her pantry which actually forced a small blush on the nurse's face on the very lacking ingredients. "Er, why don't I go buy some groceries first? I used up everything yesterday and didn't have the time t—"