Chapter 5: Scatter

Beta read by Paragon of Awesomeness

.

.

.

-Tenjoin Estate-

"He's still not here!" 

In a lavish manor located at the edge of Sainan, with halls filled with gold and silver decorations at every corner. Inside a living room as big as a gymnasium was a girl lounging on an outrageously expensive couch while moaning in despair. 

The young woman, who resembled a princess from a fairy tale, had long blonde hair reaching down to her waist, her face was covered by makeup and red lipstick, and she was garbed in a beautiful black dress that served to highlight her curves and emphasize her assets. She has gone to great lengths to maximize her already stunning natural beauty to the point that she could be mistaken for a goddess.

…Yet the one person she had gone to such lengths for was nowhere to be seen.

Tenjōin Saki sat up from the sofa and looked outside through the large window. She had been waiting for over four hours now for his arrival! He accepted her invitation... but there were still no signs of him! Saki turned her head toward her two friends standing nearby, both still wearing their school uniforms.

"Are you sure he accepted the letter, Rin?" She asked her bodyguard and childhood friend. 

The brunette nodded her head, "Yes, I swear upon my honor he took the invitation right from my hand, there's no reason why he wouldn't come. If he had intended to refuse your generosity, he would have rejected it as he has done before."

By her side Fujisaki Ayako felt bad for her mistress, the heiress had prepared a lot for this day only to be let down. Ayako had long blue hair with square bangs hanging over her forehead and purple eyes which were rarely seen through the big round lenses of her glasses.

"Saki-sama… there is a possibility that he is not the one you're searching for." She said, making the blonde shake her head.

"No, I'm confident that it's him!" Saki insisted stubbornly.

The heiress still remembered the day of the accident vividly; she had been in her car while the driver was bringing her back home from her father's office. Out of nowhere, the driver collapsed, his head hitting the steering wheel. Panic flooded her mind as she saw the car losing control and nearly hitting two children on the road. It all happened so quickly, the car crashed against something which soon resulted in the car’s interior being flooded with black smoke.

She didn't remember much after that, only feeling something carry her out of the car and saving her life. Saki had tried to open her eyes, but everything was so foggy and her eyes stung too greatly. But she remembered seeing amber eyes focus on her, a boy with the brightest shade of red hair and a worried face looking at her. 

It wasn't until a few days after that she woke up in the hospital with her parents around her. It was the first time she saw them together, and they even spent a few hours with her. Her father hugged her while apologizing continuously, while her mother cried with relief that her daughter was safe. 

Saki quickly asked to meet the boy who’d saved her; even her parents wanted to meet him to give their thanks. But the doctors denied her request, saying that the boy's parents wished for his identity to remain undisclosed. Even after being offered an enormous sum of money by her father, the hospital’s staff still denied their request. 

It was so frustrating!

She always dreamed about that shadowy figure with amber eyes and red hair saving her from danger every time she slept. It had continued for years till she visited Rin in the middle-school kendo club and saw a boy talking to her friend.