Chapter 20: Face to Face

Beta read by Shigiya and Paragon of Awesomeness.

.

.

.

-Sainan-

Turned out Lana's inventions were more useful than he anticipated, a dangerous train of thought which he knew led to a bad habit of reliance — a future he preferred to stay away from with how frequently they tended to either malfunction or work a bit too well. 

Of course, he knew better than to say as much in her presence, so as not to fuel the alien princess's ego and have her create more devices of such chaos. But in this case — where he had no other choice but to put his trust in Lala's inventions — they fortunately delivered and in fact performed far better than anything he’d seen in the past. Though a part of it could have been because he specifically asked her for a way to reach the spaceship and slow the vessel down as much as possible without blowing it all up and killing everyone inside.

Finding Mikado’s location wasn't that hard, just a lock of her hair being all that he needed to have Lala's mechanical dog track its scent. They didn't need to search for long, as when reaching the forest he'd already spotted her face through the glass window. The now bewildered nurse who kept lecturing him and giving him a disapproving gaze of his action.

Funny… the woman who always acted carefree and teased him whenever she got the chance now acted like this? A sight to behold, truly. Emiya made a mental note to use it as material against her in the future as revenge.

"You're just putting your life and your family's in danger for a stupid reason! If they had taken me, I wouldn't have died and would have eventually found a way to escape in the future. I'm more than able to handle myself, and you just ruined everything for yourself!" 

He didn't give her a response nor react much to her words. He and Rito understood this to some degree, but Mikado was a very caring person to both himself and his family — more so than anyone who wasn’t already part of it. Though it made sense given her nature as a doctor, she did mention that her goal was to help and heal people. Yet even now, she made every effort to put his safety and that of his family before her own.

A wasted effort, granted, but one he made sure to remember for the future. “You talk too much. Just be glad that I'm here to save you. Also, there'll be no one back on Earth capable of treating all those aliens and providing me with some much needed mental stress relief dealing with all of Lala's antics and those around her. You see, the reason I came here was not just to save you, but because it was in my personal interest, so I'm doing this out of selfishness rather than selflessness." He said with a light smirk on his face, keeping his eyes glued on Keize and making sure none of the other aliens would try to sneak up on him.

"Who the fuck are you!" One of the crew members shouted, getting their guns ready to shoot the man but finding themselves completely immobile the following second. Though their leader immediately recognized his ship’s assailant, having studied multiple images with this exact face and those of other humans associated with him to blackmail their target into coming along willingly rather than having to use force. There was confirmation that he was a particular important human, favored by the princess and intrusted to keep her safe.

But the last thing he expected was for this person to somehow manage to not only track him down but bring both the princess and the famous assassin, Golden Darkness, along with him! ‘Nothing to worry about, after I beat him and take the boy hostage, his allies will be forced to back down or even surrender, and Dr. Mikado will have no choice but to help Solgam with whatever project we want while keeping her in place.’