flight part 2

After a surprisingly tasty dinner, I C/N and I watched two movies. 

Around us, the plane buzzed. People scurried to the bathrooms with little baggies of toiletries. Parents tucked their kids into their seats as well as they could. Flight attendants passed out extra pillows and blankets. It was all strangely peaceful, for something so communal. 

After the movies and a hasty execution of our nightly routine, I reclined my seat and pulled on my extra warm fleece. C/N shoved his iPad into his bag with a deep yawn, eyes getting a bit glassy. I smiled. He could be so fucking cute. 

He reclined his seat and turned to look at me. "Thank you." 

I shot him a funny look. "For what?"

"For coming to Cape Town with me." 

I placed a hand to his cheek, rubbed it with my thumb and felt it relax at my touch. His stubble was growing in a bit.

"Of course, C/N. Anywhere. Anytime." 

He sighed. "I know it's not Fiji, or Paris. But I think it'll be fun." 

"It'll be so much fun," I assured him, unwrapping a blanket and draping it over both of us. "If we get some sleep, that is. So, tell me about that... privacy." 

C/N smirked and closed his eyes. 

"The beach?"

"Yeah," I breathed. "The beach." 

C/N shifted in his seat and placed a hand on my thigh. 

"I've booked us a little cottage with a beachfront view. You know, one story, balcony on the beach. Cute place. 

So I imagine we'll show up there tired from all of our city excursions. You'll be all droopy and be breathing heavy, so we'll just go to bed that night."

I whined. 

"Hey, prove me wrong! Anyway, the next morning I'll get up early and go to the store and make us some waffles with crispy edges. We'll eat them out on the deck with that sea breeze refreshing our poor, winter-battered skin.

And then, rejuvenated, we'll go inside and have a little fun.

Then it's down to the beach—you in that red two piece you love, me in...well, whatever, you've never had any particular interest in my swim trunks."

"That's because they're all the same cut." 

"Excuses, excuses. Wait, where was I?" He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Oh, the beach. I'll probably have a raging hard on the whole time, but I'll stick it out because I know you love the water. We 'll collect a few shells, I'll kiss the seawater off of your lips, and we'll get all sandy.

And once we're all sandy, it's time for a shower. You'll wash my hair, I'll wash yours. I'll run my hands all over you..." 

His grip on my thigh tightened. 

"And once we're out...I mean, the bed will be so empty without us in it. Even just a nap, where I get to bury my nose in your clean hair, will heal any lingering resentment from making me hide my hard on at the beach.

And then we'll find a little place for dinner, I'll make you dance with me after dessert, and we'll go home to...

Oh my god. Y/N. Big issue. The bed is empty again." 

I snorted. "You're unbearable." 

"It's all lonely, Y/N!" 

I turned away from him, ready for bed. He pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Goodnight," I murmured. He placed a kiss to my shoulder. 

"I look forward to that empty bed."