Prologue: Reinforcements from the Stars

Let's begin this story of Pilots, Titans, and Nikkes by seeing how our commander is holding up. Reinforcements from the Frontier are about to arrive, however Andersen and the CEOs have no ideas what connections the new commander has to the Frontier.

Planet Earth, once ruled by the human race, it's surface is now a desolate wasteland with only depressing ruins of the cities mankind once lived in. Forced underground by extraterrestrials known as Raptures. Mechanical Monsters of unknown origins that quickly defeated an opposition humanity put forth. Forced underground humanity developed a weapon, androids known as Nikkes. Given special weaponry and abilities making them the perfect counters to the Raptures. However Nikkes are commonly viewed as expendable and not human by the populous. However the newest Commander of the army, banished to the Outpost sees them differently. His past shrouded in mystery, but his tactical genius unquestionable, he could be humanity's best hope. Especially since he has connections to humans far away from Earth who might just be humanity's salvation.

Outpost
On the surface near where the elevators to the underground city where humanity survives was a rather large and rundown looking military base.

OutpostOn the surface near where the elevators to the underground city where humanity survives was a rather large and rundown looking military base

This was the Outpost, a place where Nikkes were stationed and a common attack site for Raptures. It lacked many commodities, but the Nikkes living on the base did their best to make it livable. This was also the home of the recently banished Commander for "failing" a near impossible mission for his squad to complete. Within the only nice looking room of the entire base was a man. He stood at six foot and three inches, had short brown hair, gentle gold eyes, he wore a military uniform.

This was Commander Lance Miller, the Commander of the Outpost and the Nikke squad, Counters

This was Commander Lance Miller, the Commander of the Outpost and the Nikke squad, Counters. Lance was currently sat at his desk filling out paperwork, it had been a month and a half since his banishment.

Lance had a stern expression across his face as he looked over the paperwork for their supplies. "They really are trying to give us the bare minimum aren't they? Bastards only consider me the one that needs this stuff to survive. Dammit! Alright I could probably ration my food so the girls could at least eat something halfway decent." Lance mumbled to himself as this whole setup was starting to piss him off. He had the only room that he would consider livable in this base. Meanwhile the Nikkes serving under him lived in dilapidated rooms that were probably infested with a few insects or rodents. Lance leaned back in his chair and let out a frustrated sigh.