5th Operation: Absolute Test of Patience Part 1

Last time Lance began to pick up his own training again to remain in top shape for future missions. The Outpost was visited by Mighty Tools, who will be assisting with the construction of the three agriculture centers. However Ingrid approached Lance, requesting she let a team of Elysion Nikke join the training he had planned for Mr the Outpost Nikkes. What team did Ingrid select?

Lance was currently in his office looking over the forms sent to him by Ingrid in regards to the Nikkes that would be joining his squad in the Pilot Training he planned on taking his own Nikkes through. "Absolute? Their track record is certainly impressive, a near perfect mission success rate." Lance mumbled to himself as he looked over the the files documenting the team's combat effectiveness and the general success rate of their missions. Lance after another moment set that document down before taking a look at the individual files of the members of Absolute. The first he looked at was leader of the team, Eunhwa from the first few lines about her personality Lance could tell she's be the problem child of the group.

            "Perfectionism, coldness, aloofness, and a brash manner of speaking? She sounds like all the worst attributes of a drill sergeant rolled into one. She at the very least be fun to figure out how to work with." Lance mumbled to himself before he set that document aside and looked at the next member of Elysion's strongest team, Emma. "Enjoys caring for others, acts like the big sister of the team. Well she certainly balances out her leader, shouldn't have any issues with her at the very least." Lance said before setting aside that document as well and grabbing the document of the final member of Absolute. "Vesti, a timid, crybaby that is Absolute's ace in the hole due to her high kill count. This has earned her the moniker of "Reaper" how strange, she should be interesting." Lance mumbled to himself before he set down the document and stretched slightly.

            Lance heard the door to his office open as he looked up to see Rapi walk in, from her body language he could tell she was troubled, even if she was incredibly good at hiding it. "Commander, Absolute should be arriving in the next two hours, shall we prepare for the training?" Rapi asked in her usual stoic tone as she approached Lance's desk. Lance gave his second in command a concerned look, something was definitely wrong. "Rapi, something has been troubling you ever since I announced Absolute would be joining us for training. Is there something I should know about?" Lance said calmly as he gave his second in command a concerned look. Rapi stiffened at her commander's question, she forgot how good he was at reading people.

          Part of Rapi wanted to lie as to not cause problems for her commander during the training exercise. However Rapi quickly shot that idea down, her commander had always trusted her and the others with his personal feelings. "Commander deserves that much respect from me at the very least." Rapi thought to herself before she let out a sad sigh and nervously looked at Lance. "I was once a member of Absolute Commander, an incident occurred and I resigned from the team without saying a word to my former teammates. Eunhwa and I never could work things out after that." Rapi admitted as she refused to make eye contact with Lance, ashamed of her rather unprofessional way of handling her resignation from her former team. Lance leaned back in his chair, contemplating Rapi's words for a moment.

            "While I certainly can't condone how you went about resigning from your former team." Lance started as Rapi looked down in shame, knowing her commander would be disappointed by her actions. "I however cannot fault you for wanting to resign after going through a traumatic experience. I've seen to many riflemen become husks of their former selves due to the horrors of war." Lance stated simply as Rapi looked at him in surprise. Lance gave Rapi a warm smile before standing up and gently patting her on the shoulder. "If your worried about facing your old teammates, remember I'm right by your side every step of the way. I'll make sure things don't get out of hand." Lance said in a reassuring tone as he gave Rapi's shoulder a gentle squeeze. Rapi hid it well, but a small smirk spread across her face at his words.